Why do you love TLK?

Why do you love TLK?

Postby DGFone » October 16th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Exactly what the title says: why do you love The Lion King enough to decide to join MLK. Was it a long process, or a magic bullet?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Why do you love TLK?

Postby KingCub » October 16th, 2013, 10:01 pm

I like the movie for several reasons, story, characters, and jus the overall theme of the series. There is too much to list out on why I love it, I just do! It puts me in a happy mode every time that I watch it, and I love everything that is surrounded it. Such as the art, stories and topics.

For me it was a short process. I have always liked the movie, but when I watched it again and did my production, that really got me excited about the movie. I stumbled on the forum somehow, and looked around for a day or so. It seemed like nice place with nice people. So, the next night I mad a account and here I am!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Claws » October 17th, 2013, 12:29 am

I must say I took me a long time to love it, I first watched it when I was a kid, which recently brought me to re-watch it out of nostalgia, then days after watching it I just felt like watching it again, and then the others, and then again and again until now, haha.

I love it because it basically moves you and makes you get into the story, so you can see how Simba goes down and then powerfully gets back to his place, it has many scenes that can cause you shivers and all... It is just a great, epic movie.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby juhouh » October 17th, 2013, 8:25 pm

It's a great and teaching story. Though I have some extra reason why do I love it even more
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby EdtheHyena » November 17th, 2013, 8:17 am

I mainly love it for the hyena three, particularly Ed. I'm not really a huge fan of any of it and probably won't be here for very long.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Lapetitesirene95 » November 17th, 2013, 9:30 am

I always loved it, but my recent obsession started when Tangled premiered on ABC family back in April, and after that i youtubed some of the songs, and a related video was "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" , which has always been my favorite Disney song. I started listening to the music more often, and then the next week they played it on ABC family, and I just fell in love again. That was also around the time that the DVD was going back into the vault, so then during my break at work, I went to FYE and bought the only copy they had left (which was the 2003 version :P) and then watched it ALOT more often lol :) . Then I was just looking at fan videos/ art , and somehow i got linked to this site, where I actually didn't make my account for maybe a month, and then realized that there were people who wanted to talk and discuss the movie just as much as me, and here I am :P
Remember who you are
Lapetitesirene95

Nickname(s): ♡Alana Del Rey♡
Pride Points: 2

Postby mamaprince » November 27th, 2013, 4:54 am

I love TLK for the Brilliant Animation and the songs. I was very obsessed for 5 years. xD I joined here 2 years ago, and I don't plan on going. I may not be active here anymore, But I do post here from time to time.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Si-Amber » November 27th, 2013, 4:55 pm

It's been nearly 20 years, so I don't really remember why I first fell in love with it. I just think it has one of the best storylines and some of the darkest moments of any of the Disney Classics.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Ananda » November 28th, 2013, 12:51 pm

I've always loved that movie. It was probably the first Disney movie I eve watched as a child. I LOVE it.
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Meskhenet » November 29th, 2013, 9:21 pm

It was more of a magic bullet for me. I enjoyed the character's personalities from Mufasa and Sarabi's regal and proud position as rulers of the Pride Lands, to cub Simba's cocky and ambitious excitement to become king. The songs and background scores really stand out for me. Hans Zimmer did a beautiful job arranging and conducting scores that fit and described the emotions of the character's and the certain situations that they are going through, and the vocals from Lebo M and the Power of One choir are enough to send shivers down my spine. :D
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Next

Return to The Lion King