Rafiki

Re: Rafiki

Postby Azdgari » May 2nd, 2019, 3:14 am

Apparently he's gonna be more serious in the remake?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Meskhenet » May 2nd, 2019, 4:07 pm

Oh gosh, I hope not. That will completely change his character, even the Rafiki in the musical wasn't that serious. :surprised2:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby TLK_Kid » May 2nd, 2019, 4:17 pm

According to interviews with John Kani, it seems so. I can't recall exactly what he said on the subject, but I believe his redeveloping of the character is going to make him more serious. Which, in a way, is fine...it'll be interesting to see how the characters are developed slightly for the remake, but if they get rid of my lovable mandrill's quirkiness, I'm gonna take it out on someone. :kungfu2:
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Meskhenet » May 2nd, 2019, 5:31 pm

It would be interesting to see how a more serious Rafiki will play out, but I don't want him to be too serious. Maybe just a nice blend in the middle of serious and fun. :sweet:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby TLK_Kid » May 16th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Agreed. Even Rafiki in the original was serious from time to time, of course, so I don't see why they would want to change that. :-o
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » July 6th, 2019, 9:33 am

Jon Favreau said that The Remake would be true to the original, so I can't see them making a drastic change to Rafiki. Jon Favreau also said that The Remake would be quite a bit longer than the original. Maybe that just means that Rafiki will have more serious moments in the remake.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Outsider218 » November 13th, 2019, 10:26 pm

I hate Rafiki. He's idiotic & very annoying!! No offense!! :?
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » November 17th, 2019, 9:56 am

I do like Rafiki he is wise and funny (very somber in the remake, but I was not mad). Every Kingdom needs a Priest/Healer and he can kick tail when he needs too.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion King