Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Sarabi :proud3:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Sarabi

Postby ScarLoyal » April 10th, 2014, 1:33 pm

She's the one true African Queen!
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 10th, 2014, 7:41 pm

She's a very well written character, even if she isn't in the movie a ton.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 2:02 am

Anyone have any theories on what happened to her after the first movie? I mean I occasionally see lionesses that look similar, I feel having her in the second movie may have just been pointless to them but is she in the pride still? Is she still alive? Where'd she go? :?
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » June 20th, 2015, 2:15 am

My guess is that because her voice actress madge sinclaire died of luekemia shortly after the movie released they retired the character.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 2:29 am

Oh okay. Because I am actually watching simbas pride right now and I was curious. Plus like I said, there's a similar looking lioness, course they all look pretty generalized since they didn't want to put too much thought into the extras I suppose but still
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » June 20th, 2015, 2:38 am

What Elton John said is the most likely and logical answer, but I like to think of Sarabi being alive in my head canon. Personaly I wished that they would have at least mentioned Sarabi (and Sarafina) in Lion King 2.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 2:41 am

It definitely would've been cute to see some grandmother/granddaughter moments. Even brief. Like even just show them there for the opening, the presentation of kiara or even her first hunt. The lioness that says "my have you grown" looks close-ish for example
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Postby Carl » June 20th, 2015, 5:43 am

^ Many people theorize that that lioness is Sarafina.

As for Sarabi, I always liked to think that she is in fact alive, just not necessarily out and about. Maybe she suffered a wound in the battle with Scar and doesn't walk around much? Maybe she stays at the top of Pride Rock, where Mufasa showed Simba the kingdom. Maybe she perches on that cliff Scar liked.

Or perhaps... maybe she came from a different pride and married Mufasa, maybe for some reason, she went back to them? Not very likely, since her son had returned, but meh, it's something I just thought of.

Most likely, she's one of the background lionesses, they just didn't bother to keep her on model and point her out. I mean, if you saw, in the first movie Sarafina changes appearance several times, so it's not surprising that Sarabi and herself would be unrecognizable in the sequel, especially considering the drastic design changes to Simba and Nala.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 5:59 am

I could see all of those happening but it's more than likely they wanted the focus more on the father/daughter and prideland/outland feuds. Even Nala didnt get entirely that much love in the second movie so who knows.

Wait Sarafina changes? I did not notice such a thing.
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Next

Return to The Lion King