Timon

Re: Timon

Postby Gaze » January 31st, 2016, 1:17 am

[quote="Squeely"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I've seen that and it's quite funny to me, but have you actually seen it? It's Timon at his absolute cruelest and shows that he enjoys Pumbaa getting hurt to extremes. There's nothing nice about that. :([/quote]
To me, it looked like Timon was oblivious to what was happening to Pumbaa. He was clearly caught up in singing the song. In cartoons, characters often get so caught up in doing something, that they simply don't notice what's going on around them, and Timon is no exception.[/quote]
yeah, I've always been confused as to why people use the 'Stand By Me' clip as evidence that Timon doesn't care about Pumbaa. he clearly just is so wrapped up in what he's doing that he doesn't even notice what's going on around him. so while it does showcase some of his flaws (easily distracted, a little self-absorbed, not too observant), it doesn't demonstrate anything other than a deep love for Pumbaa IMO. though Timon could express that affection in better ways :hey9:
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Alexterri1 » February 16th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Ugh, I'm sorry if you like Timon, but I personally cannot stand him

1. His voice is really annoying. I find Zazu's voice pretty annoying as well, but at least Zazu's has an awesome British accent.

2. He treats Pumbaa really badly. He takes credit for his good ideas and just acts mean to him in general.

3. He only adopted Simba becuase he wanted protection. When Simba defends him from Nala in the first movie, he whispers to Timon "See, I told ya he'd come in handy!"

4. He basically kept Simba from fulfilling his destiny. I know he didn't do in intentionally, but it still bothers me.

5. The whole "Timon and Pumbaa" thing irks me a lot

And before you say " Yeah but he changed! He helped Simba win back the Pridelands", I can't help but think that the only reason why he helped him was becuase he knew he would get to stay at the Pridelands if Simba won, and he would get protection, a home, and food.

So yeah, that's why I don't like Timon. I honestly think he has even less redeeming qualities then Scar and Zira, and they're supposed to be villains

(Also, for the record, I'm not including 1/2 in this because I hate that movie (except for the cute Cub Simba scenes) and I don't consider it canon)
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby JosephM4 » February 17th, 2016, 11:36 am

You know that how much I love or like Toman So I just say that i love him very much it and the othere thing that he is just a character but I found this forum by searching ton online and get here.Its a great and beautiful character which I like.Any one has some characters in his mind so it is the best character which I have for me Its totally different from other ones also..

I will close me conversation by saying this that he is cool and amazing !!
JosephM4

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Peons1989 » March 26th, 2016, 8:51 am

If i say with my heart ..i want to say just taht i dont like timon so much..Its caracter is good but i think due to its reality agiants cartoon is not applicable !!what u think all of u ??
Peons1989

Pride Points: 0

Postby BrianGriffinFan » March 29th, 2016, 9:38 am

[quote="Sadiki"][quote="Squeely"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I've seen that and it's quite funny to me, but have you actually seen it? It's Timon at his absolute cruelest and shows that he enjoys Pumbaa getting hurt to extremes. There's nothing nice about that. :([/quote]
To me, it looked like Timon was oblivious to what was happening to Pumbaa. He was clearly caught up in singing the song. In cartoons, characters often get so caught up in doing something, that they simply don't notice what's going on around them, and Timon is no exception.[/quote]
yeah, I've always been confused as to why people use the 'Stand By Me' clip as evidence that Timon doesn't care about Pumbaa. he clearly just is so wrapped up in what he's doing that he doesn't even notice what's going on around him. so while it does showcase some of his flaws (easily distracted, a little self-absorbed, not too observant), it doesn't demonstrate anything other than a deep love for Pumbaa IMO. though Timon could express that affection in better ways :hey9:[/quote]

Why do they use it to demonstrate that he loves Pumbaa is the question, though! Shouldn't it be evidence that Pumbaa loves Timon?? God, I just hate how much credit people give Timon for ignoring another's sufferings, and even if I'm not a fan of Pumbaa, it's not exactly fair that he gets zero points for standing by Timon. I mean, really.
BrianGriffinFan

Pride Points: -2

Postby BrianGriffinFan » April 19th, 2016, 5:21 am

I just want to bump this topic since I'm still bothered by what I mentioned above.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Squeely » April 19th, 2016, 6:27 am

I agree it works better as an example of why Pumbaa loves Timon.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby BrianGriffinFan » April 19th, 2016, 7:06 am

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one that got the impression from that video.
BrianGriffinFan

Previous

Return to The Lion King