Nala

Re: Nala

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 8:09 am

I love Nala. Over time, she has become my favorite character. I wish she had more of a role in SP and TLG, though she'll probably get some good moments in the latter as the show goes on.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby BrianGriffinFan » January 31st, 2016, 7:05 am

I just don't get why people like her. She's not good-looking, she's not funny, she's dull, and she has to be perfect in every way. Do people simply feel inclined that they have to like her because it's morally right?
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Carl » January 31st, 2016, 1:41 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I just don't get why people like her. She's not good-looking, she's not funny, she's dull, and she has to be perfect in every way. Do people simply feel inclined that they have to like her because it's morally right?[/quote]
You know who's not funny? You.

You've already expressed repeatedly that you dislike Nala. Good for you. But quit ignoring the reasons people do like her. Just because you don't like her looks, doesn't mean others don't. She's not supposed to be funny, either, that's the thing about serious characters, they aren't typically funny. And I can't see how anyone, even someone who doesn't like her could call her dull. She's fierce, she's responsible, resourceful, etc. She isn't perfect though. Were she perfect, she wouldn't have gotten into that fight with Simba, she'd have been able to reason with him herself, instead of Rafiki having to do it. She's hot-headed, which isn't always a good thing.

But I'm wasting my time explaining to you, you're just going to insist everything I said makes no sense or is somehow wrong just because you like Shenzi.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby HereWeStand » January 31st, 2016, 3:01 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I just don't get why people like her. She's not good-looking, she's not funny, she's dull, and she has to be perfect in every way. Do people simply feel inclined that they have to like her because it's morally right?[/quote]

Seriously though, until you start justifying your opinions on this you aren't promoting discussion, you're just being contrarian for the sake of it. This coming from a person who's never been overly fond of Nala either, but I don't exactly go out my way to piss people off with that attitude over a Lion King character out of some ridiculous spite or whatever your problem with her is.

It's perfectly okay to dislike characters just as it is okay to like them. But being so provocative about it just makes you sound like an ass.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BrianGriffinFan » February 4th, 2016, 4:47 am

[quote="Killjoy Dixon"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I just don't get why people like her. She's not good-looking, she's not funny, she's dull, and she has to be perfect in every way. Do people simply feel inclined that they have to like her because it's morally right?[/quote]
You know who's not funny? You.

You've already expressed repeatedly that you dislike Nala. Good for you. But quit ignoring the reasons people do like her. Just because you don't like her looks, doesn't mean others don't. She's not supposed to be funny, either, that's the thing about serious characters, they aren't typically funny. And I can't see how anyone, even someone who doesn't like her could call her dull. She's fierce, she's responsible, resourceful, etc. She isn't perfect though. Were she perfect, she wouldn't have gotten into that fight with Simba, she'd have been able to reason with him herself, instead of Rafiki having to do it. She's hot-headed, which isn't always a good thing.

But I'm wasting my time explaining to you, you're just going to insist everything I said makes no sense or is somehow wrong just because you like Shenzi.[/quote]

I admit I do like Shenzi, I really do, and am confused why so many people seem to choose Nala over her. She's everything Nala is and more.

And it frustrates me that people have to get in my face for voicing my opinions of her. I honestly don't get why other like her looks. I honestly don't get why she had to be so serious. As for her getting into that fight with Simba, well...yeah. That's another problem of her's. And I hate how hot-headed she is.

To be fair though, Simba is almost as bad. And to me, I like them even less as cubs because I don't like kids.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » March 29th, 2016, 6:38 am

Also, as for the "she's not supposed to be funny" argument...neither are Zazu or Rafiki, but they get to be funny, still.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2016, 8:15 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Also, as for the "she's not supposed to be funny" argument...neither are Zazu or Rafiki, but they get to be funny, still.[/quote]

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby BrianGriffinFan » April 19th, 2016, 10:32 am

[quote="Squeely"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Also, as for the "she's not supposed to be funny" argument...neither are Zazu or Rafiki, but they get to be funny, still.[/quote]
Image[/quote]

She was a kid. And that wasn't even funny (imo).
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Squeely » April 19th, 2016, 11:46 am

Humor is subjective I guess. I find it funny as heck. Also don't see why her being a kid rules anything out.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Soren » May 11th, 2016, 12:55 am

^ IMHO, when you are a kid, a lot of things are funny. As adults we seem to lose a lot of that childish innocence. It's really sad. That's why I try to let myself see things as funny that other people think are just pointless.
I think that image is hilarious! :lol:
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King