Simba

Simba

Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Simba :)
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Simba

Postby Claws » October 15th, 2013, 8:10 am

No one has commentes yet, This is my chance to make such a meaningful post about my favourite character!

Simba... is kyoot.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Well, that's a tough one, since basically you're either going to talk about the Simba of the first half or the one of the second half, who are basically two completely different characters. I prefer grown Simba to cub Simba, but no offense to those who don't.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby SimbaNala » January 14th, 2014, 8:17 pm

As I said in my presentation, Simba it's my favorite character because I love him for his courage, his character, his gentleness and his love affair with Nala.
Everybody look left
Everybody look right
Everywhere you look I'm
Standing in the spotlight
SimbaNala

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ninaroja » April 7th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Simba has always been my favourite character, right from the beginning. I guess, now that I'm older and lived a bit more of life, I relate a lot to him. We have been through much of the same character growth, in a sense.

For starters, we both started out as naive, quite cocky, at times arrogant, and a bit unaware as to the effect our actions can have.
After this, we both got a heavy dose of real life, changed almost completely, and in a sense forgot ourselves and did things we deep down knew we shouldn't be doing. And then, a sequence of events set us straight again.

All this occurred to me fairly recently. I think it was because I read a lot of people saying they really hated cub Simba for his cockiness. I think I liked him better that way, though. He still has his innocence, and one of the saddest elements of TLK for me is the destruction of Simba's life at the hands of Scar. If you think about it, it was completely ruined. He was deprived of his home, his family, the remainder of his childhood (sure, he seems happy enough with T&P, but I think the whole time he was living with the guilt of the crime he thought he had committed {it would have been so great if the film-makers had explored some of Cub Simba's low points, like they did with adult Simba}) and a huge chunk of happiness.
He's probably one of the most complex characters I've seen in film. Simba's emotional journey and growth is by no means as black-and-white as many people perceive it to be.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby ScarLoyal » April 12th, 2014, 4:17 am

He used to be cocky, mischievous and a bit 'boastful' but he grew into the majestic and brave King we know!
:smug:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 6:06 pm

One true King of the Pridelands...Remember!
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby zerodix » November 4th, 2015, 3:50 pm

it is intriguing how simbas looks differ in the movies, the books, comics, games and the series hakuna matata and tlg.. i may do a thread about that soon
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby R A F I K I » November 4th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Simba's quite interesting. I agree that adult and cub simba seem like two different characters... not just in personality, but in looks as well. I am the only on that thinks this? he appears so different as an adult.
:-o
R A F I K I

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 1:53 pm

Cub Simba and adult Simba really are great contrasts of each other, and the drastic changes between the two help to illustrate just how negatively he was impacted by Mufasa's death.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to The Lion King