"To be king" - deleted Mufasa's & Zazu's song

"To be king" - deleted Mufasa's & Zazu's song

Postby Nitrol » October 4th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originaly posted here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19794#p575281
But I think that this song deserves for separate topic :D
[quote]Mufasa was originally scripted to sing a song titled "To Be King" during the film's early production, but it didn't suit James Earl Jones' singing voice. [/quote]

So what do you think about this song?
For me this song is better than "Morning Report" or any song from TLK2 (hmm... maybe "He Lives In You" is better but primitively it was song for TLK1) and James Earl Jones sounds pretty good ^^
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Re: "To be king" - deleted Mufasa's & Zazu's song

Postby Woeler » October 4th, 2011, 8:32 pm

wow I never heard that before! great song, but you can tell that it's not mufasa's voice that's singing though
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Nitrol » October 4th, 2011, 8:39 pm

[quote]wow I never heard that before![/quote]
Because it was not published before BluRay! ^^

[quote]you can tell that it's not mufasa's voice that's singing though[/quote]
It's really possible, I'm not English so I'm not the best in distinguish voices from english dubbing ;)
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Postby KingKovu44 » October 4th, 2011, 8:39 pm

I think they should have left it.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Awali » October 4th, 2011, 8:41 pm

I didn't really like it. :(

We press play, don't press pause.
Progress, march on.
With the veil over our eyes,
we turn our back on the cause.
'Till the day that my uncles can be united by law,
when kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart.
A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all,
but it's a good place to start.
Awali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Awali, Rj.

Postby WildSimba » October 4th, 2011, 8:46 pm

I liked it a lot, think they should of kept it.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 4th, 2011, 8:53 pm

I dunno, it's okay... but it doesn't really fit the mood and magic of the original scene with Mufasa and Simba talking, IMO. The song is just plain goofy to me, while the talk between Simba and Mufasa was a serious life lesson, and I absolutely love that scene. (Until The Morning Report song ruined it.)
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetNala » October 4th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Mufasa singing? Odd. Its cool but I prefer it the other way
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Pride Points: 7

Postby KentuckyWildcat » October 5th, 2011, 4:40 am

It didn't do much for me. I guess it's slightly better than Morning Report which I find to be really obnoxious, but I still prefer the first release version of this scene that doesn't have a song at all.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby DGFone » October 5th, 2011, 4:59 am

Becasue The Morning Report is an included scene that you can remove at will, I am very glad that they left this thing out. I agree with teh producers: James Earl Jones + Singing =Bad Idea.
Not that he is necessarily a bad singer, but his voice is very bad in this case.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Lion King