Chronicles of the Pride Lands Harback Books

Chronicles of the Pride Lands Harback Books

Postby PrinceTaka » March 27th, 2011, 2:46 pm

It has been a while ago when I posted in this thread that I was thinking about printing the stories out and making them into hardback books by myself. Now this has happened, at least to one one of them. The shortest one out of the books; The Promise. It was though a bigger job than I originally thought it would be but not as complicated as I believed. Hopefully I will also do this to the rest of the books too.

Also I was hoping it would turn out a bit better than it did. I'm a little afraid the pages will become loose since I did not bind them in the traditional way but instead used rubber glue on the spine. The book is printed on A5-sized papers, double sided and is 121 pages long in font 10,5.

I have been thinking about adding some fanart pictures in the other books if I find some good pieces but after testing out one I was disappointed on the quality on a regular paper so I would need to print them on glossy photo-paper instead which tuned out to be quite good.

Now on to the book with some pictures and descriptions for them.

Covers out of stiff cardboard covered in red cloth and spine in brown fake leather.
IMG_9234.JPG

A paper before the actual book starts in different colour like in most bound books.
IMG_9238.JPG

Name of the book and it's authors on a separate page.
IMG_9241.JPG

Number of the chapter, its name and some empty space before it starts...
IMG_9243.JPG

...and every chapter starting on the top of a page.
IMG_9250.JPG

So what do you think, any questions? Anyone else wanting to this by themselves?
PrinceTaka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Chronicles of the Pride Lands Harback Books

Postby KopaLeo » April 23rd, 2011, 4:08 am

How much did you invested in this? I want to do one of my own!
"The more we find out about the universe, the more meaningless it all seems...... The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy."
——Steven Weinberg
KopaLeo
Ex Ungue Leonem

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

What is the meaning of my food's life?

Nickname(s): Kopa, Professor, Wise Guy
Pride Points: 4

Re: Chronicles of the Pride Lands Harback Books

Postby PrinceTaka » April 23rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

I have paid about 60$ dollars for the materials and equipment (ruler and a rotary cutter) yet I have still materials for seven more books. Rubber glue should be the best glue since it does not get hard after you have applied it but a little stretchy so you can turn the pages. I do not know about the standard paper sizes in your country, maybe it is the same as in most countries in Europe, the A4. If it is then I'll recommend getting A5 if possible since I find it close to the regular size of a book. Otherwise I would suggest that you should get a size that is close to a regular book.

You may find these things in a well sorted office shop or in a similar one. Guides can be found online. Good luck!
PrinceTaka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Return to Other Fan-Created Media