Trailer has been dropped!

Re: Trailer has been dropped!

Postby SimbasGuard » January 15th, 2019, 12:45 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I’m sorry to rain on the parade, but I still think a live action was not necessary.[/quote]

I do agree with that. I was not clamoring fro this remake, but the way I see it is: Since Disney is doing this anyway I might as well look at the positive side and see what they can do.

We have no ideas what creative liberties will be taken visually to accomplish certain numbers, but I doubt that they will just go The Jungle Book route and have the characters just sing.

Taking out Be Prepared for PC reasons is a mistake for the reasons you sited, but we will have to see what they plan to do instead of it.

I have read A RUMOR that Scar will be a White Lion in this remake. I personally doubt this given that I do not think Disney would want to do anything to reignite the Simba/Kimba controversy.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » January 15th, 2019, 1:23 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]
I have read A RUMOR that Scar will be a White Lion in this remake. I personally doubt this given that I do not think Disney would want to do anything to reignite the Simba/Kimba controversy.[/quote]

I think this will not be done in order to avoid a different type of controversy. :roll:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » January 15th, 2019, 1:32 am

whichever controversy it is, I think its a stupid idea to drastically change such an iconic look.

it’d be like making darth vader look like pee-wee herman.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Azdgari » January 15th, 2019, 1:39 am

[quote="DGFone"]While the general tone of The Lion King is still rather lighthearted - it has songs, jokes, and is an all round colorful and cheerful movie, it deals with some very heavy issues that even movies today tend to avoid, despite the knowledge now that dealing with such things has been done before, and more importantly, has been done well and can be profitable.[/quote]
Eh, I don't know about that. HTTYD has some quite dark elements (main character losing a limb, key character deaths, dealing with parents falling in/out of love, etc.) and is a mainstream children's franchise. Then again, HTTYD's about as a high a bar as you can set. Also, wasn't Coco all about accepting the death of loved ones (I didn't see it haha, but it quickly comes to mind)?

Also, where was it cited that Be Prepared was removed for PC reasons? How is that number un-PC? The nazi visuals probably wouldn't be well-received these days (and can't say I disagree with that) but that's a simple change that doesn't even affect the lyrics. Also tbh, if we could only add a song by subtracting an existing song (which is not necessarily the case), I'll gladly drop Be Prepared for Shadowland, but that's just me. Also would be sick to have He Lives In You over credits or something. That song was better than the entire rest of everything about Simba's Pride.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Elton John » January 15th, 2019, 3:57 am

nothing has been confirmed about why be prepared was removed, assuming it was removed in the first place.

People are assuming that the song was removed due to an interview with (the real) Elton John where he simply could have forgotten to mention it.

Nobody else working on the movie has confirmed or denied it being in or not.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » January 19th, 2019, 7:22 am

[quote="DGFone"]I think this will not be done in order to avoid a different type of controversy. :roll:[/quote]

[quote="Elton John"]nothing has been confirmed about why be prepared was removed, assuming it was removed in the first place.

People are assuming that the song was removed due to an interview with (the real) Elton John where he simply could have forgotten to mention it.

Nobody else working on the movie has confirmed or denied it being in or not.[/quote]

Both are true statements that I did not think to consider. With the latter I had assumed that Be Prepared was removed to make room for a new song. However being that The Remakes running time will likely be longer that the originals. there should be no need to cut anything important to the story. Scar explaining his plan to his henchmen is very important to the plot. I should not have been so quick to accept what I read in that article. :oops:

SimbasGuard

Postby echostone » January 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm

I wish that they showed what Scar looked like
echostone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Panpardus » January 24th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Presumably they'll give him a glimpse (as well as some of the other characters) in the next trailer. This first one was pretty much just a modernized version of the original first trailer for the cartoon film, which is fine and fitting.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » January 28th, 2019, 8:54 am

This years Super Bowl might have some very good trailers. I have no Idea if we will see another Lion King trailer, but it be worth keeping an eye on.

SimbasGuard

Postby TheLionPrince » February 25th, 2019, 4:06 am

Disney released another teaser trailer during the Oscars. It's basically the same teaser trailer, but with new shots and Rafiki saying "It is time": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQN75AKDwks
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements