MLK Community Team

Re: MLK Community Team

Postby Tora » August 25th, 2018, 5:11 am

[quote="DGFone"]Just one that can also clean up them bots if needed be. So yes, I will still be that jerk who spams the chatbox about the writing contest. That's not going away anytime soon.[/quote]
[quote="Tora"]Welcome to My Writing Contest Forum guys. :D[/quote]

Aside from that statement being blantly correct, I feel that if you're going to pick community leaders they should be picked by the community not this dictorial system Az chose to use. Shame on him.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » August 25th, 2018, 5:27 am

[quote="Panda-chan"][quote="Regulus"]Edit: considering the number of new posts that just went up in the past 10 minutes, I'd say this announcement is doing a wonderful job at sparking activity. :P[/quote]
Only because this thread is stirring up controversy/drama. If you count that as activity then sure, we're getting tons of that right now lol.[/quote]

Don't lie, you know you like the drama and it's the whole reason you're here. :ha:

Without drama, we get like three posts a week. With drama, we can get 300 in a day. As much as everyone complains about it, nothing else brings the community together in quite the same way.

[quote]Dude, don't act like you wouldn't be mad if you made a good suggestion for the forum and then have it get implemented while being totally ignored by the staff. And this has actually happened to WildSimba multiple times in the past, so it feels kind of unfair tbh.[/quote]

I don't see how anyone is being ignored, unless you're referring to the way the community team members were selected.

And... in that case, you know some amount of squabble was an inevitability.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » August 25th, 2018, 6:17 am

If you don't agree with the decision, you're banned.

:playful:

Anyway, I'm sorry that folks feel that this decision was made unilaterally and are unhappy with it. Really, I am--I didn't anticipate this, and I suppose that's my fault. Short of making a voting topic, which I think is far more the exception than the norm, I guess I'm not really sure how else people were thinking selection would go, especially since the original topic expressly asked people for input on how the team should be selected (without a ton of specific feedback on that particular front).

If anything, the only thing I reneged on was not choosing a veteran and a newbie. I chose two veterans from my perspective, and I'm frankly confused how people are pointing to a team of three with 21 cumulative years of membership as "non-veteran", but... yeah.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, and definitely continue to speak your minds, either in this thread or to me individually via PM. The next time a decision like this comes around, hopefully we can make it in a way that leaves everyone feeling better about it.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby WildSimba » August 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

The veteran member thing was purely because you mentioned it, not only did you not pick a super new member, but you picked 2 people who are significantly less veteran-members than several people on here who have 9-10+ years of experience on here. It was just an odd choice at the end of the day. That's my opinion on it. I'm at least happy you are willing to listen and don't have a super hard head to get through like Moka. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby it means no worries » August 25th, 2018, 9:26 am

[quote="Tora"][ I feel that if you're going to pick community leaders they should be picked by the community not this dictorial system Az chose to use. Shame on him.[/quote]

The MLKVD would like a word with you.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby FlipMode » September 2nd, 2018, 8:38 pm

I was just thinking that this would be a great idea. What with all this activity the forum has had lately.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Panda-chan » September 7th, 2018, 8:29 am

[sarcasm][quote="FlipMode"]I was just thinking that this would be a great idea. What with all this activity the forum has had lately.[/quote]
[/sarcasm]

fixed
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WildSimba » September 7th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Makes me feel super comfortable on this forum to have someone leading the forum who is insensitive as heck. :roll:
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby Azdgari » September 8th, 2018, 3:16 am

Well, as always, if you have a complaint about the way something's been handled, please feel free to bring it up to myself or anyone else on the team. We're trying our best, but we always appreciate everyone's feedback, because we can always do better.

:thoughtful2:
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby WildSimba » September 8th, 2018, 4:26 pm

What was done was a bit more than an issue with how things are handled, but rather something said that can detract anyone from feeling comfortable posting how they feel on this forum. That's a major screw up that completely goes against the idea of what a community leader should be presenting. I don't know what I can say to you if you can see that and still get behind it.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements