It's Time!

It's Time!

Postby Moka » November 18th, 2009, 6:45 am

Hello everyone. It's finally time! phpbb3 has come out with a new version for our forum. In the next few days I will be conducting the update process. The board may become unavailable for brief periods of time, but soon we will have updated software. Features may begin to appear as I update the MLK forum style, and some of them might be quite noticeable.

Along with bug fixes and code improvements, the phpBB group has mentioned the following new features in the newest version:
- ATOM Feeds
- Bare-bones Quick Reply editor in viewtopic
- Users can report PMs to moderators which are then visible in a new MCP module

For people who are interested in a larger list of changes can view the new version release announcement here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1859035

I'd like to thank the phpBB group for continuing to make phpBB the greatest forum software ever!
MLK is proudly powered by phpBB yay!
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: It's Time!

Postby CheetahCat » November 18th, 2009, 6:46 am

I'm really looking forward to this Moka. :)

Your forum is going to be awesome once you get this installed. ^^ I don't mind a small delay, we'll pull through with this update and MLK is going to look spectacular. :)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby YFWE » November 18th, 2009, 6:50 am

Sounds awesome. Can't wait for the update! That PM option in particular is mighty fine.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby RayCat » November 18th, 2009, 6:54 am

Yay! It's great to know that MLK is getting better and better :D I'm looking forward to the new update!
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby LadyAislinn » November 18th, 2009, 7:20 am

Sounds awesome! I'm excited... I think we can handle a small delay here and there, MLK has some great loyal members. :D
Everything By Me
Graphics Tumblr dA Profile
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

But Always Wanted To Be A Pirate

Nickname(s): LA, Jessa
Pride Points: 10

Postby DarkLiger » November 18th, 2009, 7:27 am

That's sounds great Moka. Can't wait to see the changes. :)
Image<-Made by SimbaImage<- Made by TeenSimba
Image<-Made by Simba
Image<- Made by TeenSimba
DarkLiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby KiarasMate » November 18th, 2009, 7:32 am

Yay! Hurray for the return of the Quick Reply! Best feature ever. lol. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby YFWE » November 18th, 2009, 7:34 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]Yay! Hurray for the return of the Quick Reply! Best feature ever. lol. :)[/quote]

0___0 Holy crap, I missed that the first read-through.

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST UPDATE EVER.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Moka » November 18th, 2009, 7:38 am

Thanks guys! xD I'm excited to update the forum.

And yeah the quick reply is coming back, but like they said...it's gonna be bare bones which means no clickable options like smilies or color or BBCode. Of course the smilies and BBCode will work in your post but you'll have to know the smilie or BBCode code. The standard post reply will always be available, though in cause you still enjoy having all the options at your fingertips ^^
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Mike » November 18th, 2009, 7:43 am

Huzzah for quick reply =D Go teknologees!
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Next

Return to News & Announcements