Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Re: Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Postby FeatheredSeclude » May 28th, 2016, 7:20 am

Ahhh, I see what ya mean.
Please, give the option to hide it then... also did ya get that PM?
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby Braveheart » June 2nd, 2016, 5:19 am

[quote="1Timestones38n"]
I'd definitely recomment Ad Block Ultimate over Ad Block Plus. Since I've used Plus before, and there are ads and such that still get through, and Ad Block Plus will whitelist things.
With Ad Block Ultimate, simply hit it's icon in your bar thing, not sure what it is called, lol click block element, and click on the chatbox, and it'll block it. I'd make it only block it for that url though, since you can really break things when you don't for some things.
Like once I blocked the YT player buttons. Ooops.[/quote]

I just tried Ad Block Ultimate in FF, it works great. I'm not sure if it blocks youtube ads too. It sometimes still play the ads. :x

As for here, when I used the Ad Block Utimate, it works, but I see the chatbox for like 1 second and it disappears. Do you know how to use this for Chrome?
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby FeatheredSeclude » June 2nd, 2016, 11:16 am

I've had that happen a bit more frequently since I upgrading Firefox to 46, was on 44. Never happened on 44, but various buttons on a number of sites were broken due to a bug on Firefox44.
I don't know if it is on Chrome to be honest, but you ought to be able to just search it, and if it is, it'll show up.
With Adblock Ultimate, you may have to add some filters to the add-on, just go into options, add filters, the bottom drop-box, and add whatever you feel you will encounter to the existing block-list, and that should keep 99% of all ads at bay, and if any slip through, simply update the filters, and that should take care of it.
It's definitely the best working on so far. It's much liter than Adblock Plus too.
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby Braveheart » June 10th, 2016, 5:10 am

[quote="Moka"]Please don't use adblock to hide the chatbox. It's not an advertisement. It's a feature for this community that many people enjoy. I'm not getting money by shoving ads in your face like every other website. I'm not getting money at all. I'm quite sure blocking things you don't like about a website with adblock affects that website's rapport with other users in the adblock system, and possibly page rank in search engines.

I can spend a few hours when I get free time to see if I can add an option to show/hide it.[/quote]

How about... Let's see... A BIG FAT NO. I will continue to use adblock and other such add ons until there's a hide button. :roll: I'm sick and tired of people discussing nonsense in the chat box.

[quote="1Timestones38n"]I've had that happen a bit more frequently since I upgrading Firefox to 46, was on 44. Never happened on 44, but various buttons on a number of sites were broken due to a bug on Firefox44.
I don't know if it is on Chrome to be honest, but you ought to be able to just search it, and if it is, it'll show up.
With Adblock Ultimate, you may have to add some filters to the add-on, just go into options, add filters, the bottom drop-box, and add whatever you feel you will encounter to the existing block-list, and that should keep 99% of all ads at bay, and if any slip through, simply update the filters, and that should take care of it.
It's definitely the best working on so far. It's much liter than Adblock Plus too.[/quote]

Is it possible to have a mobile version to do this?
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby Moka » June 10th, 2016, 5:19 am

[quote="Braveheart"][quote="Moka"]Please don't use adblock to hide the chatbox. It's not an advertisement. It's a feature for this community that many people enjoy. I'm not getting money by shoving ads in your face like every other website. I'm not getting money at all. I'm quite sure blocking things you don't like about a website with adblock affects that website's rapport with other users in the adblock system, and possibly page rank in search engines.

I can spend a few hours when I get free time to see if I can add an option to show/hide it.[/quote]

How about... Let's see... A BIG FAT NO. I will continue to use adblock and other such add ons until there's a hide button. :roll: I'm sick and tired of people discussing nonsense in the chat box.[/quote]

Funny how often childish people ruin it for everybody else. Sorry everyone, I will not compromise the website's reputation with adblock agencies. The chatbox is gone for the foreseeable future, as I've not had free time to implement the hide button yet.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FireAndSun » June 10th, 2016, 5:46 am

Could you at least link to the chat at the bottom of the page? I, and other people, like using it. That way, it won't be on the front page at least.
FireAndSun

Pride Points: 25

Postby Gemini » June 10th, 2016, 6:28 am

Will this be returned when there's a hide button?

Sorry, I don't mean to be that one person who complains about everything - not my intent at all - but I know myself and others greatly enjoyed using it. It'd be great to have it back at some point since I know otherwise the chatroom will be completely dead (like in the past) if it's left where it is.

Either way, your website and your decision, and I respect that. But I just thought I would share my opinion. I know you probably have more important things to worry about but I would be really sad if this was gone for good.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Moka » June 10th, 2016, 7:06 am

I'm gonna close this because it was never actually on-topic. :huh:
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Previous

Return to News & Announcements