The Adofo Situation

Re: The Adofo Situation

Postby Tsuki » August 11th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Thanks for clearing things up and I'm pleased things have been resolved :). Harassment is awful :(.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 11th, 2015, 7:02 pm

As a non-staff person involved in the situation, I'd like to say that the staff handled this very well. If anything, the process was more lenient (time wise) on Adofo, there was quite a bit of time where the staff was simply reviewing the mountains of info involved. It was thorough and thoughtful. Thanks staff.
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Regulus » August 11th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Speaking as a retired moderator...

If anything, I think you guys were too lenient on this guy. What little I know about this situation was enough to make me cringe, and I wasn't even involved. I'm sure it was a pain in the neck to deal with.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Gemini » August 11th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Agree with what has been said here mostly. Like Jack I definitely observed how careful the staff was about this, especially since a moderator was involved. In fact, I think the reason Julie held off on reporting him was because she realized she had a position of power and didn't want to seem like she was abusing it. A bully or a power-hungry person wouldn't have bothered to do that.

That being said, I understand the viewpoint of "oh, it was going on for months, it should've been reported sooner." Sorry to say but it isn't quite that simple. I didn't think Adofo's actions were that big of a deal for a long time - me and Julie and the others thought that he was indeed genuine and probably very depressed. It wasn't until he started showing all this passive-aggression and instability that it became clear that he really doesn't belong on this site.

I think the moment I lost all respect for him was when he started on with the hacker thing. To this day in all my life I have never seen such a brazen, bald-faced lie. It was pretty despicable, honestly, and the fact that people believe it kind of makes me angry (not at them, because I don't blame them, but at Adofo because it just goes to show how far this guy will go for sympathy).

And before you ask, yes, I know it was a lie. It was an incredibly obvious trick to try to shift responsibility elsewhere. If I hadn't have blocked him on Skype for the things he was saying about Julie I can guarantee you that the "hacker" story would never have been mentioned.

That said, I'm really glad this guy is gone and I'm happy the staff took control. Of course, the drama isn't really over because I have heard from some people on FB that he is trying to get people to infiltrate the website, see what the mods are doing, get to talk to Moka, replace KK, etc. etc. I can't control what people do offsite obviously - if they want to contact him they can. However I would honestly urge people not to if at all possible. This guy isn't gonna stop his attack on MLK and trying to reason with him won't work (as Nina already discovered). I honestly wouldn't even give him a second more of my time.

But hey, maybe that's just me. That's my $.02 on this, anyway, and as someone who kind of saw all this unfold and was involved in a lot of this mess I'd say that I have a pretty informed opinion.

Thanks for the announcement, though, KK. :highfive: I think people needed to see this before things potentially got out of hand.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » August 11th, 2015, 7:57 pm

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]In fact, I think the reason Julie held off on reporting him was because she realized she had a position of power and didn't want to seem like she was abusing it.[/quote]
Well, I wasn't a mod when it began. I just didn't realize how serious it was until later.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Gemini » August 11th, 2015, 8:02 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="GeminiGemelo"]In fact, I think the reason Julie held off on reporting him was because she realized she had a position of power and didn't want to seem like she was abusing it.[/quote]
Well, I wasn't a mod when it began. I just didn't realize how serious it was until later.[/quote]

True, but you were a moderator when it became worse and I'm pretty certain that the reason you were targeted for so much crap from him is because you were promoted and he wasn't. :/ Ever since that LPTP fiasco that seemed to be the main thing he was upset about.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Elton John » August 11th, 2015, 8:05 pm

I did believe adofo at first cause' I thought he was my friend. It did seem like he was a genuinely nice guy who got a bit overemotional easily.

I also thought that he, like me, had trouble making friends so I sympathized with him a bit.

But after hearing about all he had done and his nice guy act was a charade I lost my sympathy for him.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Claws » August 11th, 2015, 8:28 pm

What

Like does people sometimes forget this is an animated movie's forum?, why should they act like that, jeez!
Claws
Imitation of Life

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby KingKivuli » August 11th, 2015, 9:44 pm

^^^ I have been wondering this for 6 years....I still don't have an answer
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby FeatheredSeclude » August 12th, 2015, 9:18 am

[quote="Elton John"]I did believe adofo at first cause' I thought he was my friend. It did seem like he was a genuinely nice guy who got a bit overemotional easily.

I also thought that he, like me, had trouble making friends so I sympathized with him a bit.

But after hearing about all he had done and his nice guy act was a charade I lost my sympathy for him.[/quote]

Yup, as a whole, I do agree. Still unsure to believe if he "got hacked" or not.
I've had a similar experience myself, so I'm not 100% on it.
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements