An (Now Out Of Date) Announcement

Re: An Announcement

Postby FlipMode » March 28th, 2015, 11:05 am

The thing is, you can't make money off official characters. If this was a non profit fan drawing then yeah sure. But the reason it needs to be a fully original design is because money is being exchanged.

Most characters look very similar (not racist, just saying, they do) so it's unlikely Julie would get in trouble for it but it's not really worth the risk :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FeatheredSeclude » March 28th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Is the money being donated to her, or sold to her?
If it's done via donation to her, then she isn't making money... thus not have an issue with drawing said characters.

You can delete this if you want to. Not trying to start an argument, just an opinion was given. Sorry.
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby Carl » March 28th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Flip is buying a commission from me of y'all's characters.

I don't think your post will start an argument though. :)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » March 28th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Has Disney ever sued anybody for people comissioning their characters? One of Disneys biggest assets is their goodwill they harbor from fans. Going after their fans.... Would kinda put a dent in that goodwill.

That being said, it's julies choice what she will or won't draw for comission and I will respect that choice.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » March 28th, 2015, 4:58 pm

^ I don't know if they have or not, but I don't want to risk it, because technically, it is illegal.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Shadowfax » March 28th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Tsuki would like to be included too =)

http://setsuna-phoenix.deviantart.com/a ... -102830716 (Don't worry about the accessories)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby FlipMode » March 28th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Yeah I thought she might, thanks. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marizzle » March 29th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Wow, Flip, beyond being a great idea, this is just so generous of you! :D

I'd love if Marizzle, my fursona, was added to the drawing.
Here's her Ref:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 730umc.png

If you need any info about her design, just contact me. I've never had the opportunity to commission someone, so, thanks a lot for this, Flip & Julie! :kiaraexcited:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby FlipMode » March 29th, 2015, 10:39 pm

[quote="Adofo"]I'd like to help Julie out! SO I'm in! But I've never drawn a full body shot of my fursona, so I'll have to do this within the next day or two. So count me in![/quote]

Still waiting on a reference for your character, buddy! :)
I'll let the thread ride for two more days, that's a week since it went up which should be plenty of time for anyone currently active to have joined in by then. :]
FlipMode

Postby Moka » April 2nd, 2015, 3:27 am

I'd like to be in on the picture! How generous of you, Flip.

I'm just a cheetah with green eyes. Attaching some refs.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5161305

edit: I am also pretty sure KK would want to be in on this. I can fund his, since he doesn't seem to be around to sign up himself.

For KK, his newest ref sheet seems to be this: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16023542/
But I don't think he'd mind if this was used for reference: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2624377/ (He does have a fursuit made with that character design, after all)
Attachments
DSC_5297_edit.JPG
DSC_5297_edit.JPG (83.95 KiB) Viewed 10084 times
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements