The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

The Lion Guard?

Postby MalibuTrashDog » June 10th, 2014, 3:57 pm

So apparently Disney is producing a Lion King TV show for little kids to be aired on Disney Junior in 2015.

So far it seems they are completely ignoring the fact that Simba already had Kopa and Kiara and are introducing a new cub named Kion.

What are everyone's thoughts about this? The only good thing I see so far is the possibility of more Lion King merchandise in the stores :3

Here is the article: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/06/ ... lion-king/
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Re: New Lion King TV Show Being Made

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » June 10th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Looks interesting, but I would only watch it if it had Zazu in it. :lol:
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Re: The Lion Guard?

Postby TheLionPrince » June 10th, 2014, 4:34 pm

This is interesting news although I may not fit within the demographics. We've been starved for new content for years, and I always felt a television show was the best way to expand the franchise. It's kind of a shame they are making the continuity more confusing since they are apparently ignoring Simba's Pride so this is a different universe. One universe has Kopa, another universe has Kiara, and another one has Kion (means "Young Warrior" in Irish). They cannot be mixed unless confirmed otherwise. It's interesting how Simba's cubs' names start with the letter K.

EDIT: Apparently, Kiara will be featured in the series.

[quote="TV Line"]The Lion King franchise's Mufasa, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Zazu and Kion’s older sister Kiara, the future Queen of the Pride Lands, can be counted on for occasional drop-ins.[/quote]
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Loomi » June 10th, 2014, 5:05 pm

New merchandise 8D *parties*

I too am hoping that the images on the blogs are a hint of the quality of the final thing, it's very true to the original animation style. I'll reserve judgement on Kion! XD Hopefully we get the merch in the UK too ;0;

Also, I would totally watch it. Hopefully the hour long special will be good :)
Image Image Image
Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect
all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
characters belong to me <3
Loomi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Tends to fall over

Pride Points: 5

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby Nitrol » June 10th, 2014, 5:09 pm

TLK2 characters WILL be included! :D
[quote]The show will follow Kion, the second-born son of Simba and Nala.
(...)
Mufasa, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Zazu and Kion’s older sister Kiara will all make appearances, but the show will focus on the creatures of the Lion Guard, a series of new characters including a honey badger, a cheetah, a hippo, and an egret.[/quote]
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/10/disne ... lion-guard
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Postby Carl » June 10th, 2014, 5:11 pm

I am actually excited. Maybe I'll hold off on my post SP fic revision and include Kion, if I like the show. My 6 year old cousin is very eager for this to come out, actually, haha.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby juhouh » June 10th, 2014, 5:24 pm

^ that's awesome. I hope they keep it as canon as possible although I'm a bit sceptical about that hippo and honey badger but cheetah sounds good

Fall 2015, that's such a long time. Seriously I can't wait to see it :P
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Re: The Lion Guard?

Postby MalibuTrashDog » June 10th, 2014, 6:21 pm

So I'm guessing they're going to make her an adult or something.

Uploaded a pic of Kion
Attachments
BN-DD733_king1_G_20140609140906.jpg
BN-DD733_king1_G_20140609140906.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » June 10th, 2014, 6:37 pm

As long as they don't forget Kiara exists I'll be happy. She'll always be my favorite offspring of Simba and Nala. (I have a soft spot for Kopa too.)
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » June 10th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Awesome! But I'm afraid they'll forget Kiara and that scares me...
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements