The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby it means no worries » June 3rd, 2015, 8:55 pm

^yep, same here
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » June 4th, 2015, 1:05 pm

I'm fine with Disney Junior, I have some DJ stuff in my Disney collection, and I'm saving to buy Lion Guard merch.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby it means no worries » June 4th, 2015, 6:13 pm

i dont really watch any DJ at all
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby crownofsimba » June 5th, 2015, 3:09 am

To be fair it seems as if recently DJ has been making some things that are more for the slightly older crowd (and by that I mean like 4-5 year olds) and while it still has tones of being obviously for kids its not super terrible. Mainly just expect really obvious and neat "lessons" that each episode teachers, but then things like MLP did that really well.

I'm actually about to try to watch an episode of Miles from Tomorrowland (which is one of their most recent series) to get a feel for how it is? Because I bet TLG will be similar in general tone.

And I watched a bit of it and like generally if its a well written series for this age group expect it to be cute, sometimes cheesy, periodically cringey, and realize that it will be somewhat slower paced during jokes than would an older series (since they don't think smaller kids get jokes quicker).

But like I expect it to be cute and fun but not super deep character-wise tbh.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby it means no worries » June 5th, 2015, 11:37 am

I remember watching Recess alot, i think that was on DJ
it means no worries

Postby TheLionPrince » June 6th, 2015, 5:29 am

[quote="it means no worries"]I remember watching Recess alot, i think that was on DJ[/quote]

No, Recess was broadcasted on ABC Kids, and then the re-runs aired on Toon Disney (later rebranded Disney XD) and Disney Channel.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby it means no worries » June 6th, 2015, 12:53 pm

ah wrong one then
it means no worries

Postby Elton John » June 7th, 2015, 6:57 am

http://panther85.deviantart.com/art/Dad-I-just-wanted-to-be-brave-like-you-538016925

I comissioned this piece from my amazingly awesome friend. She's not only a fantastic artist, she's one of the the nicest, smartest, and down to earth friend I have made internet or otherwise.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby it means no worries » June 7th, 2015, 8:31 am

darn wi-fi wont let me see that^
it means no worries

Postby SimbasGuard » June 7th, 2015, 8:31 am

I did not want to post in this thread anymore, but that Picture is Super Awesome 8-) Thank You so much for sharing it.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements