In coming changes

Re: In coming changes

Postby KingKivuli » September 28th, 2013, 10:21 am

I understand that people are feeling a bit 'idk about this'. We are trying to encourage new and old members to post in the TLK sections without the glare of 5 years on their shoulders. Even if it does not entirely work, at least its cleaner and more pleasant to look at for those who do want to talk about it all

In regards to what exactly will be archived. ALL TLK topics (so actors,characters, music etc) and any rp that is inactive. For the rest of the forum ANY topic that has been inactive for 3 or more months. There will be exceptions to this, like a member is currently away or ill so we will leave their topic, but for the most part if a topic is 3 months old it will get moved

You can get a topic back if 10 people request it, or all participants from an RP agree. I will also say this now. Please do not just start bumping old posts. It does not make that topic active, it is annoying and can be seen as spamming, and would be dealt with as such.

Also If you notice a topic has gone to archives, do not instantly replace it with a new one... the first one died out for whatever reason, so will the second, we will just remove it.

As I mentioned before there will be exceptions to the rule, and we will cross that bridge when we come to it :)
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby FlipMode » September 28th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Hmmmm...

Hmmmm...

And again, hmmmm....

I don't really know how I feel about it, but if Regulus has given it the seal of approval then it's probably okay lol.
Let's just, y'know, see how it goes :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Tsuki » September 28th, 2013, 3:51 pm

I'm the same as Flip and CGW has raised a few good points. I'm not sure what to make of it but if it's for the best then I suppose that's Ok :)
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby SophieCub » September 28th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Aww okay, sounds fair enough. Makes the forum nice and tidy for new members.
Kind of sad most of my topics will be going in the Archive section, they are never active. xD Oh well, it's for the best.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Regulus » September 28th, 2013, 5:16 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]I don't really know how I feel about it, but if Regulus has given it the seal of approval then it's probably okay lol.
Let's just, y'know, see how it goes :)[/quote]

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what, but either way, that's still pretty funny. :lol2:

I didn't like the idea at first, but after I thought about it a bit, I started to realize that it's not as bad as it sounds. At the very least, the board will be more organized. At best, we'll have a more organized forum with new members posting new topics, and new discussions arising. It'll be pretty interesting to see how this goes.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Si-Amber » September 28th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Sounds fine to me. I don't post in the TLK sections and don't go looking through old topics, so wouldn't really effect me.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2013, 10:18 pm

^ Shame! Shun the non-believers! :P

Hey, maybe this will entice you to venture to these sections. 8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Arbystrider » September 29th, 2013, 1:13 am

[quote="DGFone"]^ Shame! Shun the non-believers! :P

Hey, maybe this will entice you to venture to these sections. 8-)[/quote]

As a fellow 'heretic' who rarely poasts in the TLK boards, I gotta agree with this change in teh forumz.

We all see threads with like 20+ pages worth of poasts now, and ain't nobody got time fo' reading 200+ poasts just to understand the context of the thread at hand and then build on to it. At least with a clean slate, I can actually start to follow threads as I see them progress.

That is, assuming I have the time...
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby FlipMode » September 29th, 2013, 1:18 am

Yep that's half the thing. When a thread is bumped the issue is that the one who bumps it is responding to the OP only because as TPAM said, Reading... AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT! but the thread has usually gone a lot deeper by that point that just replying without reading the rest is a bit... Well spamish, really, it doesn't really add anything to the discussion and likely someone already said the same thing somewhere before in the thread (though I suppose that's better than them quoting that post and saying " ^ This.")

This way though, people can respond to the OP of a thread and it will still actually be relevant and make sense.
There's downsides to this but also positives as well. I think that's why people are being so indifferent about it
:)

Also...

[quote="SophieCub"]
Kind of sad most of my topics will be going in the Archive section, they are never active.[/quote]

Well they will stay inactive either way you dice it so that doesn't really matter.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » September 30th, 2013, 4:14 am

BTW: Should we give the MLK Archives a subtitle of "The Nostalgia Section"? 8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements