In coming changes

In coming changes

Postby KingKivuli » September 28th, 2013, 1:44 am

Hello all you lovely people how are you doing? :)

Me and the mods have been chit chatting recently and we have decided we are going to make a few little changes around here... well one change and a clean up

So basically what's going to happen is, a new read only section of the forum is going to be added. This is going to be the MLK Archives, and ALL current TLK topics will be locked and moved into it. Those topics will then be recreated and opened giving a fresh start seeing as all those topics are like 5 years old now, its a hard nut to swallow and it certainly looks nice from a guest perspective, but if you do want to read old posts, they are still around

Also moving into the archives, are any topics, thats anything at all, that has been inactive for 3 or more months. These can be brought back if 10 people request it. In terms of RP's we just need the participants... all of them. Again this is just to clean up a little make this place aook a bit more organised

As for the change I mentioned, we will be putting a restriction on Q and A dens. New members will not be able to instantly make these, you must have been a member of the forum for at least 3 months. So at 3 months you can make a Q and A and also be eligible for MOTM. This just stops people signing up making them then really.. not doing anything else... I have see it. If you have a den and are not 3 months old, don't worry. We wont touch you :P

So what is the purpose of this? We just want to clean up the forum and make the TLK at least look more appealing to post in. It really does not look nice seeing threads dating back years from members long since left, so yeah fresh start. Same logic applied across the entire forum, this will stop old topics being used as troll attack locations and stop meaningless topic bumping

The restriction will help stop spammers and people just trying to get attention. If you want that Q and A den I am sure MLK can amuse you for 3 months XD

All of this will start taking place over the next month. As such I must ask every member to help us out. If you are in the TLK section and suddenly find topics poof and move... Please do not make your own topic, we have begun our work and people added more to pile slows us down. We will get round to making the new topics it will just take some time, please have patience. We could easily shut MLK down entirely to do this blocking you all out for days, but we do not want to do that as we know MLK is a hub for alot of your contact, all we ask is patience in return ^^

I must stress that NOTHING IS BEING DELETED If you can't find a topic, its probs in archives :)

Also I will post updates for you all keeping you in the loop and they will be in this thread, just so you all know what's going on to your favourite site x3

That's all from me for now, keep your eyes here for further info
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: In coming changes

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2013, 1:56 am

Well...

YOU BETTER RECREATE EVERY SINGLE TLK TOPIC BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING ANY OTHER TOPIC ON THIS FORUM. :madman:

Okay, I've had my rant now. :yummy:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby KingKivuli » September 28th, 2013, 1:58 am

ER.... im pretty sure that's what i said.... just not in those exact words
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Arbystrider » September 28th, 2013, 2:05 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]So basically what's going to happen is, a new read only section of the forum is going to be added. This is going to be the MLK Archives, and ALL current TLK topics will be locked and moved into it.[/quote]

Is this going to affect just the boards regarding the movies and TLK RPs? Or is this going to affect the entire forum (Member HQ and OT sections included)?

[quote="KingKivuli"]The restriction will help stop spammers and people just trying to get attention. If you want that Q and A den I am sure MLK can amuse you for 3 months XD[/quote]

Or you can think of it as padding your street cred for 3 months so people can get to know you on the surface first, then create a dedicated Q&A topic for them to dive in and know you more.

[quote="KingKivuli"]ER.... im pretty sure that's what i said.... just not in those exact words[/quote]

I think DGFone was just trying to emphasise that you better recreate every topic before you do anything else with the other topics...
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby SimbasMate » September 28th, 2013, 2:08 am

Alright then, noted! :)
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Regulus » September 28th, 2013, 2:19 am

[quote="Arbystrider"][quote="KingKivuli"]So basically what's going to happen is, a new read only section of the forum is going to be added. This is going to be the MLK Archives, and ALL current TLK topics will be locked and moved into it.[/quote]

Is this going to affect just the boards regarding the movies and TLK RPs?[/quote]

That's the plan.

[quote]Or is this going to affect the entire forum (Member HQ and OT sections included)?[/quote]

I don't think so. Although I could be wrong.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2013, 2:24 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]
Me and the mods have been chit chatting recently...[/quote]
[quote="Regulus"][quote="Arbystrider"]Or is this going to affect the entire forum (Member HQ and OT sections included)?[/quote]

I don't think so. Although I could be wrong.[/quote]

You're a mod. You should know. :x
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby cleargreenwater » September 28th, 2013, 2:41 am

So the answer is a big old RESET button?

Wow.

I'm not sure how I feel about this honestly. I've been on Lea Halalela, which has profoundly crashed at least 4 times, and the truth is in myself I'm tired of starting over and trying to re-capture and recreate and restart over and over again :-/ And time has shown there that starting over just exhausts everyone and each time a little more spirit seeps out of the response when everyone attempts it.

Admittedly I'm not the target audience, though, and the Lea crashes were extraordinary, and Lilymud has also died for doing nothing, so maybe this will work. For newer fans they can have that fresh experience they're jonesing for.

But personally, honestly not trying to be negative or unnecessarily dramatic, I just don't know if I have the energy, drive and commitment to be up for & navigate this transition successfully :-/

I guess I'll just see how it goes and either see you'se all there or crawl back under my rock/hedgerow of fandom obscurity :p
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby KingCub » September 28th, 2013, 3:09 am

If everything goes well, this seems like a nice clean-up!

But CGW got me thinking, and I kinda agree with her. But, I also have never had another forum do this. So I don't really have a feel on how this will go.

Anyway, I'm still supporting this, as it seems good!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Timon the great » September 28th, 2013, 6:33 am

All I can say to these upcoming forum changes is: Image

These are probably the best changes I am seeing be done on MLK since I joined. I think overall and in the long run, it will definitely help bring a good deal of TLK-ness back to this place and help motivate us current members. Who still believe in MLK being what it should be first and foremost: A TLK Forum. Not a "TLK themed forum". Also, the 100-200+ on average MLK lurkers being more encouraged to join & post as actual members, should be another benefit to this.

The last forum I was a member of had actually done the topic lock and archive thing that's being planned here, and as far as I remember (this was over 6 years ago), it turned out to be a good move there, and I definitely believe it shall be the same here too when these changes are made. And if it turns out that the TLK spirit dwindles on this forum another 5 years from now, well then I guess this action could be done once again. Image

Every single topic that's in those places right now is going to be locked and archived, and they are ALL going to be recreated?
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to News & Announcements