Attention please - Skype troll

Attention please - Skype troll

Postby AdAstrα » September 8th, 2013, 1:43 pm

People of MLK, listen up!

It seems that someone is currently going on a little Skype trolling spree. SophieCub and I have both had random guys add us on there recently, and the only way they could've gotten hold of our info is through this website.....which naturally, makes me suspect it's either someone from here or someone who has been a member here previously.

Therefore I'd like to ask everyone who has shared contact details on here such as emails, Skypes etc. to keep their eyes open. If some random person attempts to add you, I suggest you notify me or another Mod either by PM or by posting in this topic. It may not sound serious but it honestly made me feel very uncomfortable. Also, the person who messaged Sophie said some rather inappropriate things to her, which I find especially serious since she's underage.

Be vigilant and please let me know if you have any idea who could be behind this at all. Thanks for reading.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Re: Attention please - Skype troll

Postby Si-Amber » September 8th, 2013, 1:49 pm

If anyone says / does anything inappropriate to Sophie, I will actually track them down and slap them!

But yeah, be careful guys, don't accept anyone you don't know.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby FlipMode » September 8th, 2013, 2:10 pm

You should really put this in the announcements section so that it appears on the main page. This site particularly has a pretty bad track record for this kind of stuff
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Lauren » September 8th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Thank you Frida for making this annoucement. I'm on Skype quite a lot, so I'll be on the lookout.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » September 8th, 2013, 2:43 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]You should really put this in the announcements section so that it appears on the main page. This site particularly has a pretty bad track record for this kind of stuff[/quote]
Yeah, I thought about that too. I'll move it.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » September 8th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't be so sure that this incident is related to MLK. Seems like it was just a random spam attack, to me.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby AdAstrα » September 8th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Better to be safe than sorry though, I think. At least people are aware of it now and can keep their eyes open....if it is, in fact, someone from here.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Paranoia time:

What if an MLK member was hacked (on Skype) and their Skype contacts were used for the troll account? It's either that, or some member on MLK who decided to go on a little trollin' spree.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby AdAstrα » September 8th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Oh my god, I didn't think about that.....but I guess it's also a possibility :O And you wouldn't even know if your Skype got hacked, would you? =/
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby Tsuki » September 8th, 2013, 6:47 pm

And this is why I don't have Skype :P

But in all seriousness I hope this stops soon and Sophie is Ok :hug:. Like Si I will track anyone down who is inappropriate to people. Ninja style! :stalker:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Next

Return to News & Announcements