[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Rulechanges MoTM — My Lion King Forum

Rulechanges MoTM

Re: Rulechanges MoTM

Postby FlipMode » February 4th, 2013, 6:20 pm

FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 264

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 4th, 2013, 8:31 pm

I think there are many people who deserve to win it. Although, what DGFone said about Skype n stuff I think is true to a certain extent, I can see myself being a bit like 'oh, I cam with them alot and they're a good person I'll nominate them'. I've probably done it before. I see where ya'll are coming from though. But I don't think things will change (as Flip said) it's always been this way since I joined.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby WildSimba » February 5th, 2013, 1:02 am

WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 121

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » February 5th, 2013, 6:27 am

Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Arani » February 5th, 2013, 7:14 am

Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby DGFone » February 5th, 2013, 7:17 am

I personally would consider the "World Issues" a very bad place to get MotM qualifications, because that is just begging for trolling. After all, if you agree with the majority, congratulations! Free MotM votes! If you don't agree with the majority... meh, good luck. If people would decide MotM based on what they post in that section, MotM might as well be renamed to "who do most people agree with the most?"

Doesn't actually contribute much to the forums themselves.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 136

Postby Arani » February 5th, 2013, 7:22 am

Lol true enough I suppose.
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby DGFone » February 5th, 2013, 7:28 am

What I would love to see is to have a member who contributes nearly only or a vast majority of their posts to the TLK sections. Or better yet, they can even have only a portion or their posts be TLK related, but each one being thoughtful and provoking loads of discussion.

I believe this was what MotM was first created for: you don't have to be a great author, a fanartist, or a graphic designer, but if you love The Lion King, and you show it bye how you post in the Lion King sections, then you will be able to be rewarded for that by winning MotM. These days if you do that, you might get a nomination or two, but I have yet to see a member actually go all the way and win by being a great contributor to the TLK sections.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » February 6th, 2013, 7:17 am

OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby DGFone » February 6th, 2013, 7:46 am

You also expressed interest in the TLK Flight Demo team. It's not TLK related directly, but for me, it still counts.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements