Rulechanges MoTM

Re: Rulechanges MoTM

Postby PrincessKiara » February 3rd, 2013, 8:33 pm

Looks good to me.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 3rd, 2013, 9:37 pm

I can guarentee that those that are in the MLK ''circel of friends'' will forever choose each other, wether they have a reason or not.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Woeler » February 3rd, 2013, 9:56 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]I can guarentee that those that are in the MLK ''circel of friends'' will forever choose each other, wether they have a reason or not.[/quote]
Well, we can at least try to prevent it.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby WildSimba » February 3rd, 2013, 10:05 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]I can guarentee that those that are in the MLK ''circel of friends'' will forever choose each other, wether they have a reason or not.[/quote]

Well, if they have a good reasoning behind voting for someone, then it won't irritate everyone. But no one likes to look through the nominations seeing stuff about how they're a good friend and stuff like that, because that's not the reason that MoTM was brought about. It's really more meant to be for people who contribute something nice for the forum. Before it was even MotM, it was just for people who won the awards on the site.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 3rd, 2013, 10:12 pm

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="Nicholas"]I can guarentee that those that are in the MLK ''circel of friends'' will forever choose each other, wether they have a reason or not.[/quote]

Well, if they have a good reasoning behind voting for someone, then it won't irritate everyone. But no one likes to look through the nominations seeing stuff about how they're a good friend and stuff like that, because that's not the reason that MoTM was brought about. It's really more meant to be for people who contribute something nice for the forum. Before it was even MotM, it was just for people who won the awards on the site.[/quote]

And how am I supposed to contribute something ''nice'' to this forum, if playing mr. Nice Guy ain't enough?
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby FlipMode » February 4th, 2013, 12:18 am

The reason I didn't give reasons last time is that all my reasons are the same, anyone I nominate is because they set a good example. I'd not nominate someone for their writing or graphics because there are dedicated contest for that.
I don't say "Makes good graphics" because it implies that other people's aren't as good, which might be true but I'd rather not actually say it.

And "Is a good friend" should be a perfectly valid reason... Are you implying being a good friend isn't a good / commendable trait? You know how hard it is to find a decent down-to-Earth friend on a forum? If I am friends with someone I like them for usually a lot of reasons and "Is a good friend" just kind of sums them all up in one.

/rant

rules are rules though, you'll excuse me if I don't nominate anyone from now on but at the end of the day its only MotM, I don't see why restricting it is a good thing since A) Its all in good fun and B) We barely have 12 active members to fill up the spaces lol
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby MrTitans » February 4th, 2013, 5:25 am

I can say i have talked to 2 people on here who today I don't know what life would be without them. Talking to them having great laughs I do plan on going to visit them

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » February 4th, 2013, 5:37 am

^The thing is that when you vote for friends, it feels like there is favoritism going on. I don't usually participate in these things because i dont recognize 80% of the names.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby FlipMode » February 4th, 2013, 7:11 am

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]^The thing is that when you vote for friends, it feels like there is favoritism going on. I don't usually participate in these things because i dont recognize 80% of the names.[/quote]

But is that not the point? You vote for your favourite.
Besides that the keyword there is "looks like" but it's actually not favouritism. I only have a few proper friends on here and if someone can make friends then they've clearly done something right. I mean, You don't make friends by being an ass to someone.

Here's an example: Buffy won MotM last month I think. When people nominated her they used reasons like "is a good mod" "is funny" "is kind" etc. Those might be true but it's all of those things that make her a good friend to me, so why can't I just say that she's a good friend? Same applies to most other people I consider to be friends on here. I just think being a good friend is something people should be able to be rewarded for. My mum was in hospital with cancer and my friends on here at the time were so supportive and tried to talk to me and take my mind off it etc... I'm sorry but that's a lot cooler than making good siggies and avatars lol
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 4th, 2013, 7:27 am

I did have a thought last night...similar to what FlipMode is saying actually. What if you wanted to nominate someone off the forum who has been there for you and supported you? Is that the same as saying they are a good friend? Idk.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements