A little change

A little change

Postby KingKivuli » October 10th, 2012, 12:01 am

Hey guys just to let you all know there has been a little change to the Pride Point system.

Now before new members can give out PP they must first reach 50 post counts and receive 5 PP from other uses. I would also ask users to please use this system wisely as in if the new member does something good for you or the forum, not just cause they joined up or cause they are your friend. This will just help motive that member and others that see the PP to keep helping round the forum

Also for those who don't know you can turn your own personal pride points on and off. Simply go to User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Pride Point Settings
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: A little change

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 12:05 am

If this is about the troll attack this morning, both attackers had over 50 posts, so I'm not sure how this helps
TheRoguePrince

Postby FlipMode » October 10th, 2012, 12:09 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]If this is about the troll attack this morning, both attackers had over 50 posts, so I'm not sure how this helps[/quote]

Because you also would need a minimum of five PP first as well. And since the staff can see a log of Pride Point activity, if someone is spamming an account with random pride points (trying to get 5 ASAP) then it would be a little suspicious and could help them to spot potential trolls.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 12:11 am

One of the spammers had already accumulated five Pride Points legitimately.
TheRoguePrince

Postby FlipMode » October 10th, 2012, 12:18 am

Well I will be damned lol!
I mean there is no real way to completely protect the forum from attacks, but things like this are at least steps in the right direction. I mean if someone wants to troll the forum, they still only need to have their post approved. But taking steps to prevent them from abusing the Pride Point system is at least something, because Pride Points (as far as I know) can not really be removed by the staff. Case in point, go to Sophiecub and check her pride points page...
That is stuck there, unlike the other posts on the forum that vanish when the member is banned.

Again, its not perfect but its better than nothing and proves the staff have been quick to at least try to implement changes to make sure this is less likely to happen again, or that if it does it will not be so easy for them.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby KingKivuli » October 10th, 2012, 12:19 am

this is why i ask people to not just give PP for people just joining the forum... you could be enabling a troll or spammer

and i URGE all members please please please.. if you see or hear something suspicious tell a member of staff asap dont leave it hanging or something like this can happen
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby Kopalover » October 10th, 2012, 12:24 am

I hope this change will help. As two of my pridepoints were depleted aswell. Sophies case was a lot worse than mine. Hopefully this can get rid of trollers and spammers. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 12:26 am

While we are on it, are you guys going to tell us who the spammers were? I have some ideas, but shouldn't the whole forum know who did this? It's obvious they weren't random. They attacked certain people and knew about certain things.

Otherwise, when the people who did this come back, we will all be like "Oh hai. You're back" and we could not know of all these horrible things they did. It may seem like I'm out for blood, but these trolls insulted some of my friends. Saying who did it, is better than keeping it secret, no?
TheRoguePrince

Postby KingKivuli » October 10th, 2012, 12:39 am

no we dont disclose names at least I dont. and if your honestly welcoming back someone who is obviously being banned constantly or at least making dub after dub... your being just as bad not reporting it and letting them get away with it
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 12:44 am

That's just the thing. How would we know who made dup after dup? We are never allowed to talk about it. It's always half truths and rumors on MSN. Half the time I don't even know who is banned on this site, much less what they are banned for.

People think you ban members unfairly. If you were to say "These people were banned cause they caused this", then maybe everyone would stop assuming you are dictatorship, instead of actually doing your job.
TheRoguePrince

Next

Return to News & Announcements