Some updates to MLK

Some updates to MLK

Postby Arani » September 19th, 2012, 2:50 am

As many members have noticed, there has been a significant amount of general chat and otherwise spam topics on the forum. We tried moving the chatroom over a week ago to the index page, but it has not helped to noticeably reduce the clutter on the board.

As a solution, we will be locking all member chat threads, and replacing them with one general chat. Additionally, the chatroom will stay on the index page, but please remember that the universal rules still apply there as well. Although the chatroom is a much less formal environment, breaking the MLK rules in the chatroom will still result in a chatroom ban.

One more thing we're doing is hiding the Member HQ section for guests. This is for your safety so that people from outside of the member list can't find out all kinds of personal things about you. If there are any issues, please contact a moderator. Do not spam this thread.

Thank you,

MLK staff
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Re: Some updates to MLK

Postby Lauren » September 19th, 2012, 2:57 am

I do feel very sad that now I will no longer be able to post in my thread or others anymore like in the past. Well, I'll just see how I will be able to handle the new decision as the time passes by.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tora » September 19th, 2012, 2:58 am

I respect your decision although I am very disappointed. Regardless I do hope that this eliminates the problem we appear to be having.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Tabby » September 19th, 2012, 3:26 am

VICTORY!, LOL.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Buffy » September 19th, 2012, 5:17 am

I personally like all these changes!
Good job, MLK staff! :D
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby DGFone » September 19th, 2012, 5:46 am

I have to admit that I gave Regulus quite the hard time when I found out about this. Not because I don't think that there is no spam problem, but because I would like to believe that there was something else we could have tried to try and lower the spam without having to resort to locking up all the den topics.

But so far, people appear to be taking it well enough, and there is no huge outcry. So while I still think that there might be a better solution out there, looks like we don't have to frantically look for it, if at all. Let's hope it stays this way.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » September 19th, 2012, 6:20 am

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]VICTORY!, LOL.[/quote]
Well done man, seriously. Didn't believe it would actually happen.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 19th, 2012, 6:46 am

I can see people's problems with this, but personally, I'm pretty happy with it though ^.^ Thanks MLK Staff.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 19th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Finally... No more chat thread...

I ain't bothered by them being gone v_v you can always create your own chatroom in Chatzy or something <.< or group talks on Skype. If you don't want anyone to see what are you talking about =P rather than spam on a forum with chats even tho we have a chatroom for it.

But yea, thanks MLK Staff :3
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 19th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Thank you.
KopsTheTerminator

Next

Return to News & Announcements