Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Postby Moka » September 8th, 2012, 5:00 am

Hello! Moderators have been noticing an increase in the amount of general "chit chat" in forum topics. This can be harmful to forums and bloat the forum with unnecessary discussion. In an attempt to reduce this, we're going to move the chatroom to the index page of the forum. Please use it instead of creating topics that are borderline spam.

We hope this will streamline the forum a little more and keep posts that are borderline spam in the chatroom.

We've also opened the chatroom up to members who have an approved post in the forums.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Chit Chat

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2012, 5:03 am

Just a tip: if you can, make it smaller. It's already annoying to try and see what is new on MLK only to have to scroll down right away just to see the actual forum. But I like the idea of the chatbox, Moka!

I remember KK giving me a hard time over saying that this will never be implemented... :roll:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Arani » September 8th, 2012, 5:03 am

LOL Moka, it needs to be smaller if at all possible.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Moka » September 8th, 2012, 5:03 am

I know, geez. Give me a second.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2012, 5:09 am

Much better, Moka! Nice job! :)

Edit: chatbox doesn't work. Works now
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » September 8th, 2012, 5:33 am

Very clever. Well done! :glee:
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » September 8th, 2012, 5:43 am

I don't understand what's happen? all that's happen for me is some writing is starting to fade out. I don't see anything
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Arani » September 8th, 2012, 5:47 am

there's supposed to be a chatbox at the top of the screen on the index page. =/ like the chatroom.
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » September 8th, 2012, 6:11 am

i c it now. i use classic so moka only just put that up
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2012, 6:29 am

On the other hand... because the chatbox did in fact bring all the spam all to the main page, is there a way to implement some sort of 'hide' button, where if you want, you can make the chabox disappear or reappear? When the spam was all in people's topics, it was easy to avoid - you simply don't go there. Now the spam is impossible to avoid. :oops:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to News & Announcements