Happy 15th Anniversary, TLK!

Re: Happy 15th Anniversary, TLK!

Postby Moka » June 25th, 2009, 7:51 am

On a closing note...
I would just like to take this time to thank everybody for attending the 15th Anniversary Party. Although my day started out very busy (I am deeply sorry), I got to participate in the party later in the day and I got to watch TLK afterward ^^ To me, the party was a huge success! Many people attended and shared their stories and history with TLK, which were all very interesting to read. This topic is definitely one of those topics that will be kept in my bookmarks forever. Lion King fans are truly a unique crowd and it was definitely shown during this party. I think it would a great idea to celebrate The Lion King's birthday every year! Next year is TLK's sweet sixteenth! ^^ Let's buy TLK a car! ^^

Again, thank you everyone that shared their stories, and thanks for the appreciation! (I lol'd when I saw "Sleepy KM"). The "dry spell" is totally spot-on. Many of our stories are alike...we see it in theatres as a cubby and then we remember the magic from childhood and realize that the movie is quite more than stunning. From the sound of everyone's speeches, The Lion King has really helped them in their life like Katelyn adopting a lifestyle and Zeke getting back into drawing again. I am so glad to be a part of the TLK fandom, and I will stick with it 'til death do us part.

I would like to thank all the members for attending, especially KingKivuli, TeenSimba, and KiarasMate who brought in all these wonderful new faces with their AWESOME YT videos. ^^ (If I forgot someone PLEASE tell me).
[quote="Amanda"]I quickly went to the forums and immediately signed up, becoming only the second person after Moka to do so.[/quote]
Haha, I remember that! I wasn't expecting anyone to join that quickly.

I am so glad to have met you all and hopefully we'll all become the best of friends. Like many other people said, the TLK fanbase is one big happy pride, united through the passion that comes with The Lion King.

The party was a huge success, like I said. Thank you all for attending! (for the third time). The only regrets I have are that I was too busy during the daytime and I really wanted to have a little competition topic with some real prizes. I was just too unprepared, surprisingly. Seriously though...summer is busier than the school year was LOL.

Happy_Birthday_TLK.jpg

By the way, I did not bake this cake, I just searched google for "cake lion king". You'd be surprised how many TLK cakes there are xD
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby KingKivuli » June 25th, 2009, 1:37 pm

great speech Moka i hope next year will be as good or even bigger wilder and more fun 8-) *takes the cake cuts it into even pieces and gives to to everyone*
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Buffy » June 25th, 2009, 2:09 pm

*takes a piece of cake*

Thanks KK! You're very kind! :D

And great ending speech Moka! *applause*
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Panda-chan » June 25th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Yeah that was awesome Moka. Thanks for hosting such a fun party on your site! *eats cake*
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Katelyn23 » June 25th, 2009, 8:24 pm

It really was an awesome party. I can't wait for TLK's Sweet 16 lol. ^^ Thanks Moka, for that awesome day we all had yesterday! :D

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby Mike » June 25th, 2009, 8:49 pm

I'm sure this will be one of many for me =D
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Moka » June 25th, 2009, 11:16 pm

And thank you all for making it such an awesome party! :D
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby PhyscoSimba » July 15th, 2009, 10:01 am

I can't believe that it has been fifteen years since this amazing film was released in the theatres. Unfortunately, I was born around three months after it was released (September 13th to be exact.) Even though I was very young, I still remember the movie very well even though it's been a very long time since then. I can remember very well the part when Simba sees his father's ghost.

When I start talking about stuff like this, I can type a short essay if I wanted to! So, I'm going to answer a few questions that came to my mind so you guys can really get to know why I love TLK as much as I do.

What does The Lion King really mean to you?

To me, TLK is one of those very special, only comes every decade kind of movies. It is one of those films that really stands out against the crowd. There are so many things I could go on about, the animation, the characters, the music, everything about Tlk is just so, perfect in every way. I keep hearing people saying that TLK is a kids movie and they wonder why I still enjoy it to this day. People like that really don't understand how a movie, of all things, can have a great impact on your life. Well, it had a pretty big impact on mine, I must say.

As far as memories go, sadly, I can barely remember anything from my child hood. The only thing I can really remember is seeing Simba and his father in ghost form. The funny thing is, whenever I go back to that memory, there is never any sound! :D

How long have you been a fan of The Lion King?

For as long as I can remember. Although my, for a lack of a better word, addiction, restarted itself sometime around I dunno.. 2007? It was during the summer time now that I think of it. I remember being on YouTube and seeing a video about Animated Cats, and seeing Simba and Nala as cubs playing. At that time, I didn't even know who they were, so I was left wondering, who were they? After a bit of searching, I discovered that it was from a movie called The Lion King!

From that point on I was hooked. When I was on the computer, I was either browsing Deviantart for TLK fan art and fan fiction, or lurking in the TLK forums. Yes, I lurked back then. Didn't we all at some point? :)

To be honest, I am kind of embarrassed about my TLK addiction. I worry that someone other than my closest friends will find out and that I like TLK and that I will be tormented for quite a long time. I frankly don't even know if my parents know about my love for TLK. I never talk about it that much to be honest. I just don't know what they would say If I told them. Although, I'm sure they may know somehow. :)

But enough about embarrassment! Let's get on with what I was originally talking about!

Then the creative trait in started to come out. I was seeing all of this beautiful fan art all over the Internet. I'm sure you know what happened after that. Even to today, the moment that I am writing this, I still have not drawn much fan art. I have done a few little things, but none of it was uploaded most likely because I deemed it not good enough to be on the Internet in the first place.

Who is your All-time favorite Character in TLK?

Ah, yes. The question that I don't like to answer. Not because I don't like the characters, but because I have difficulty picking my favorite.

If I were to choose though, I would have to pick Simba. Of everyone I've talked to, Simba was their favorite character in TLK. I like everything about Simba. He's just one of those characters that you can't help but love, regardless of gender. :D

Let's face it, Simba has an awesome voice. I think Matthew Broderick did an amazing job voicing Simba. I just can't imagine anyone else doing the voice for him.

I also relate to Simba's situation. Because I have lost loved ones myself. I know how it feels to have to cope with the fact that they are gone, forever. It amazes me that we, as humans, can cope and deal with death so well. At first we cry, then we start to get a hold of ourselves, and eventually when the topic is brought up, we think of all of the good memories, and not the bad ones.

Well, I think that is it for now. If I wanted to I could say much more than I have said here. I may post again if something else comes to my mind. :D

And how could I not forget?

HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY TLK!
PhyscoSimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby KiarasMate » July 16th, 2009, 5:47 am

Awesome background there PS. ^^ Thanks for sharing your story with us. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby PhyscoSimba » July 16th, 2009, 7:30 am

No problem! :D
PhyscoSimba

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements