A Few Announcements

Re: A Few Announcements

Postby Nightstar75 » June 20th, 2009, 3:15 am

On every site I've been on, even YouTube, chat boxes ALWAYS caused trouble. ALWAYS. Someone ends up hurt and all. Now I've used it, but that was about one night ago, no one was really on =\ I can understand this issue then and it is understandable.

Congrats KK ^^ I kow you'll do a good job as your new position. ;)
"When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred."
||Graphics Made By: Taka, SimbasMate||
Nightstar75

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Youre A Dancer, Youre Not a Lover <3

Pride Points: 0

Postby KittyKraz13 » June 20th, 2009, 8:23 am

Congrats KK for your new position :D

I can see where the chat box thing is coming from :innocent: There was this site I used to go on all the time but when they had a chat box installed people got into fights and it was just a huge mess, so I can see the chat box going bye-bye for a little while being a good thing ;] Plus there's always MSN and yahoo and such, as Morri pointed out :P
ImageImage
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
((siggys and avatar (c) KittyKraz13))
KittyKraz13

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I ♥ Kovu

Pride Points: 1

Postby Nightstar75 » June 20th, 2009, 8:32 am

[quote="KittyKraz13"]Plus there's always MSN and yahoo and such, as Morri pointed out :P[/quote]

AHHH!! YAHOO AND MSN! :disgust: I have both and Idk how many times a day I get logged out XD But it can still be fun :3 8-) Nic idea Morri ^^
Nightstar75

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Katelyn23 » June 20th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Congrats, KK. You really deserve that position on the staff since your such a helpful member. 8-)

Anyway, I'm kind of glad that the Chatbox is gone, it was just a big issue, and never was really needed. If members WANT to chat, then they can always just post with each other about things. And of course there is always IM for you, or emailing is just as easy too. :hey2:

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby NightyByeSparrow » June 20th, 2009, 4:23 pm

[quote="Katelyn23"] Anyway, I'm kind of glad that the Chatbox is gone, it was just a big issue, and never was really needed. If members WANT to chat, then they can always just post with each other about things. And of course there is always IM for you, or emailing is just as easy too. :hey2:[/quote]
Once again, agreed. And email is neat, no? 8-)

I was a member of a site (not MLK or Lion King-related at all) that was a warm and inviting forum, so to speak; then I started going on the site's age-old chat box. Then fights starting breaking out. Fights that would last for hours, days, weeks, some even up to 3-4 months at times.

The owner posted a forum topic about the fights and disabled the chatbox for a little while. A fight broke out in the forum itself.

There's more to it, and the fights, while still there, have diminished greatly in amounts. But that's all I'll post, as I don't need to tell the whole story.

I still believe that this is an excellent forum and that we can be "connected" without having a chatbox on the site itself. I don't mind if it comes back or not, but for now, we can all live without it...right? :innocent:
NightyByeSparrow

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby Panda-chan » June 20th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Glory to the Fourth Reich
Last edited by Panda-chan on January 28th, 2017, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby SimbaandShenzifan » June 22nd, 2009, 3:23 am

I was wondering why the chat room was removed. :P

I go on many forums, but only TWO of them have chat rooms. And actually, they never caused any issues. Of course, those two forums are not ANYWHERE near as active as MLK. And I think part of the reason why the chat room caused problems was because of the size of the activity. A lot of activity is good. VERY good. But there can be some issues with a big community too. There's more likely to be spam, there are some members that will be troublesome. Some CAN cool down, others won't. I remember myself being one of those troublesome and angry members since I thought because no one can see me on the internet, I could act anyway I want. I did cool down, but I never went back on some forums because I always had this terrible feeling whenever I was on them.

I only caught a sliver of what happened in the chat room, so -somewhat- have a clue of what is going on.

And Amanda, that's very brave of you to come up and apologize like this on a public forum. You explained yourself maturaly and gave a reason why you acted the way you did. If other people don't forgive you and hold a grudge against you, that's their problem.
Mood:Image

Keeper of :shenzismile:Image

Mood Button: Simbadaholic
Keeper Buttons: Moka and Simba
SimbaandShenzifan

Pride Points: 1

Postby Moka » June 22nd, 2009, 4:27 am

Hello everyone, I'm back from the internet dead zone of my parent's house. Thank you all for your comments and general approval of our decision. I wasn't quite sure how everyone would react when the chatbox went away.

It's tough as a moderator to get complaints from members that say rules were broken on the chatbox, and then not being able to see the actual post. I think when people post in forums, the posts made are generally more mature and thought-out because there's a feeling of permanency while posting. That was obviously the problem with the chatbox. With all the great IM services out there, the chatbox is hardly needed at MLK. Who knows? Maybe it won't come back at all. Just an idea, we'll think about it, as usual :)
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Mike » June 22nd, 2009, 4:33 am

Having had some more time to consider I'd be fine with the idea of the chat not coming back ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Nightstar75 » June 22nd, 2009, 4:36 am

Agreed. If we put it back, who knows what'll happen. More fights could break out. I don't really like that chatbox. Not everyone uses it anyways. Lol ;) So we should rid the thing forever in my opinion.
Nightstar75

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements