A Few Announcements

Re: A Few Announcements

Postby NightmareMoon » June 20th, 2009, 12:44 am

[quote="morri908"]NM.. Isn't that what you said when Moka installed it? Chatbox=bad?[/quote]
Yeah. I never have been a big fan of chat boxes and this one was no exception to that..

We all saw what the chatbox did to the forums 8-)
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby Mike » June 20th, 2009, 12:53 am

I guess you're right about that :\ Chatboxes kill the activity of the actual forum. At the same time they let members get to know each other and build a bigger feeling of community. There's something about instant chat that gives an extra layer of meaning to what you say. It's easier to see the person on the other end of the screen.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby NightmareMoon » June 20th, 2009, 12:57 am

It also causes problems.. :oops:
Playing MMO's for 5 years has given me enough problems to deal with and worry about.. I don't want to have them here as well... it's a lion king forum... everyone should get along T_T
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby NightyByeSparrow » June 20th, 2009, 1:03 am

Because I'm new to this forum, I kind of don't feel like I have the right to post here, as this is a serious topic...but..*sigh* here goes.

Firstly, a big congratulations to KingKivuli (KK) for becoming a moderator. ^^

[quote="Mike"]
While I understand that you can't let these things happen in the chatbox, I think the chat is one of the areas where we can have the most fun. It's got potential for both good things and problems, and if I could offer a suggestion, I think there should be stricter punishments for rulebreaking so the rest of the community can still use the chat.[/quote]

*plus Mike's latest post*

I agree with you there. Even though the chatbox will bring good times and gets members to know each other even more. I don't go on chat boxes much, but I've been on enough to realize that sometimes it can really hurt the forum or home of the chatbox if something goes wrong there.

*sighs again* :oops: I'm pretty much copying off other people there...
NightyByeSparrow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby Mike » June 20th, 2009, 1:17 am

I know it's a tough call for you guys, and I'm sure you'll end up making the right choice for us.
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Postby Zeke » June 20th, 2009, 1:21 am

Its a really hard call. Its obvious that people are messing around but like moka said, you can't tell so well on the internet and eventually friendships break up and people get offended. There isn't a single person to blame for this, the chatbox just has to take a time out for a little bit.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby morri908 » June 20th, 2009, 1:27 am

To Be Honest when we were all active members of that other forum... I don't think we used the Chat room... and we did just fine on here without it.. I mean, if we wanna talk to each other.. We can use like... MSN or something.
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Postby NightmareMoon » June 20th, 2009, 1:28 am

[quote="morri908"]To Be Honest when we were all active members of that other forum... I don't think we used the Chat room... and we did just fine on here without it.. I mean, if we wanna talk to each other.. We can use like... MSN or something.[/quote]
Exactly... and look what's happening as we post.. I'm forum trolling atm and there's always a post I haven't read.. it's soo active now. I love it
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Postby Mike » June 20th, 2009, 2:08 am

It's like you built a dam that blocks out the spam and redirects to posts on the forum =0
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Postby CheetahCat » June 20th, 2009, 2:23 am

I don't really use the chatbox that much so I can't say what really happened there. With my experience on forums for the past 5+ years, most of the chatboxes that get installed always seem to cause problems. I'm sorry to see that this forum experienced the inevitable fate. Most of the members that I know tend to use Messengers a lot. With this aside,

Congratulations to you, KK for the new position. You've been active around here and I know you will do a terrific job on here.
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements