New changes that are going to happen

Re: New changes that are going to happen

Postby DGFone » February 8th, 2012, 1:38 am

^ Wait, even SillydogTheGreat is agreeing with this?
THE HORROR!!!!
JK.
It's good to see a change with unanimous support.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MalibuTrashDog » February 8th, 2012, 1:41 am

I'm only agreeing to getting rid of the Arcade, and some of the other pointless topics. I didn't say I agreed to everything lol.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Ultra Fox » February 8th, 2012, 1:45 am

WOW.

Everyone is agreeing with most of the changes? This is unbelievable. It's.. it's... impossible! How is this possible?

LOL JK but I'm glad this is going so well so far. :)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Arani » February 8th, 2012, 1:47 am

^ That made me laugh so hard! xD

Srsly though, even I didn't expect so many people to agree with this O_o

Even Sillydog agreed with it... It's a miracle!
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby cleargreenwater » February 8th, 2012, 2:06 am

I honestly don't know about the restricting access to the "hangout" part of the board for new members truthfully.

Casual interactions with board members is actually how new people can really, REALLY get a feel for what the board is ACTUALLY like before starting to post in more serious topics.

For example, just recently on Lea Halalela there was a momentary snag when a new member on a quest for specific information got a little too caught up in their hunt that the gangbuster way they ran their thread left a bad impression on some of the long time members, just because that's not the "personality" of the board and this person didn't pause to gather that first.

Casual interaction topics are the only way to test out and judge what IS the personality of the board. It's like the kiddie pool before wading in.

RE: the Lion King parts of it.....

I actually think this place does really well with the TLK discussions.

There's a very good mix of TLK interest on here. There's general topics for newer people just discovering the world of the Lion King, and what I'm happiest about to camp out here, there's also a good mix of more thoughtful dialog that someone who'se encountered most of this doesn't find themselves bored, either.

Really, you're doing well. Don't let unsustainable zeal and aplomb cloud what you guys actually have and have managed to accomplish at MLK, the other 2 boards I've been associated with are much deader.....I "washed up" here for a reason.

.....I have to say though, to someone who'se more used to linear messageboards, I find all the groups and clubs and community offshoots not only confusing but kinda daunting. That's not here or there, though, lol.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Panda-chan » February 8th, 2012, 2:42 am

I disagree.

*dodges sea of rocks and bullets thrown at her*
No but seriously, I'm not actually trolling this time. :P I really don't like the idea of taking away the Arcade and Dens. I couldn't care less about the Smarty Pants forum since it always did cause drama and I think the community has proven that it isn't able to handle the opinions of others. But there is nothing wrong with the Dens and Arcade. As Flip pointed out, those sections provide members a place to relax and make friends when they aren't discussing TLK. And let's face it - not even the most die-hard fan can talk about TLK ALL the time. Honestly, I would blame the lack of activity on the fact that there is little to discuss about the movie anymore. There is only so much to be said about a 90-minute long film that came out seventeen years ago. It is really only the newer members/fans that post anymore because the older people have pretty much exhausted all they can say.
Which is where the Arcade and Dens come in. These off-topic areas provide a place for members to chill in-between discussions. Believe it or not, some of us aren't raging TLK nuts and would like to post in TLK topics only when we feel ready and inspired. Pressuring members to only post in one place would lead to a flood of poorly thought-out posts.
Besides, a forum is not only for discussion. Taking away the Arcade and Dens takes away the whole social aspect of a community and makes the whole site quite dull to outsiders. It's like taking away recess, friends, and lunch from school and dedicating all 7 hours of school to studying and work. People need a break from it all.

*steps off soapbox*
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby MalibuTrashDog » February 8th, 2012, 2:46 am

^I kind of agree with this. How else am I going to get my daily dose of lulz anyway :3
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Regulus » February 8th, 2012, 3:52 am

I understand why this is being done, and I do somewhat agree with it, although I think Amanda and FM have brought up some good points.

I predict that, if these changes happen, the majority of the MLK community would go elsewhere to chat. I've already said everything I can think of to say about TLK months ago. I assume most of us here have as well. If everything is deleted but the specific TLK related threads, I'm not going to have a reason to log in every day. I might entirely forget about this site.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ultra Fox » February 8th, 2012, 3:57 am

[quote="Regulus"]If everything is deleted but the specific TLK related threads, I'm not going to have a reason to log in every day. I might entirely forget about this site.[/quote]
No one ever said that's going to happen. :/
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Regulus » February 8th, 2012, 4:01 am

I am aware of that. My statement was purely hypothetical.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements