New changes that are going to happen

Re: New changes that are going to happen

Postby Ultra Fox » February 9th, 2012, 1:16 am

Man, and everything started out so well in this topic...
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby DGFone » February 9th, 2012, 1:28 am

Some people are apposed to change...

You really have to sit down and think about these changes. I think that's why the opposition came in late. People at first liked it, but then got a good think about it and changed their minds.

As for me, I thought about it, and still like the idea.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » February 9th, 2012, 1:52 pm

*peaces back in to give two cents*

Yeah, topic posting approval for the den is a pretty poor idea (for once I'm not saying 'in my opinion' because this one is not an opinion). You're really not going to find support for that anywhere... it's condescending, unnecessary and counter productive. Talk about something that completely kills the vibe. It's rarely a coincidence when members are universally opposed to something, and nobody has posted any support for having mod approval. I just don't get it, it's so completely unnecessary... who came up with that???
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Noah » February 9th, 2012, 1:56 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]*peaces back in to give two cents*

Yeah, topic posting approval for the den is a pretty poor idea (for once I'm not saying 'in my opinion' because this one is not an opinion). You're really not going to find support for that anywhere... it's condescending, unnecessary and counter productive. Talk about something that completely kills the vibe. It's rarely a coincidence when members are universally opposed to something, and nobody has posted any support for having mod approval. I just don't get it, it's so completely unnecessary... who came up with that???[/quote]
One person was for it. Besides, how often do you people actually create new topics in the Den? Once a month? Twice a month? Not that often. Regardless, we are taking your suggestions and discussing alternatives to this proposal.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Jarrett » February 9th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Being a new member, I'm still all for it. I don't really mind about the restriction to the den, simply because there's only one thread I really even used there. The reason for the restriction makes sense, and I support all of these changes.
Jarrett
JHH

Do what you love and love what you do.

Pride Points: 5

Postby FlipMode » February 9th, 2012, 4:26 pm

[quote="Noah"][quote="Azdgari"]*peaces back in to give two cents*

Yeah, topic posting approval for the den is a pretty poor idea (for once I'm not saying 'in my opinion' because this one is not an opinion). You're really not going to find support for that anywhere... it's condescending, unnecessary and counter productive. Talk about something that completely kills the vibe. It's rarely a coincidence when members are universally opposed to something, and nobody has posted any support for having mod approval. I just don't get it, it's so completely unnecessary... who came up with that???[/quote]
One person was for it. Besides, how often do you people actually create new topics in the Den? Once a month? Twice a month? Not that often. Regardless, we are taking your suggestions and discussing alternatives to this proposal.[/quote]

It doesn't matter if one only posts a thread there once in a year, I still wouldn't want to see it having mod seal of approval. And the comparisson to new members is bogus, they have it so one can't just join and instantly spam the forums, but long time members know damn straight what is and is not acceptable, just cause our name is not green; means nought.

You want to discuss alternatives? Get rid of it entirely, yes I understand cleaning up the forum a bit, but that? Gawd there is no face palm big enough...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » February 9th, 2012, 6:11 pm

[quote="Noah"][quote="Azdgari"]*peaces back in to give two cents*

One person was for it[/quote]
Well, good to know you guys are thinking it through again. I'm confident you guys have good heads on ya' shoulders and you'll backtrack on this one. ;3

TBH I'm more curious about how you guys plan to jumpstart the fanfiction forum...
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Regulus » February 9th, 2012, 8:06 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]It doesn't matter if one only posts a thread there once in a year, I still wouldn't want to see it having mod seal of approval. And the comparisson to new members is bogus, they have it so one can't just join and instantly spam the forums, but long time members know damn straight what is and is not acceptable, just cause our name is not green; means nought. [/quote]

It's really no different from the system already in place. Except the same threads that would get locked/deleted simply wouldn't be posted to begin with.

Calling it a moderator seal of approval is just dumb. If a moderator didn't approve of this thread, we wouldn't be able to post here. Everything on this site works that way already.

If you're concerned about a thread not being approved, I don't think that would happen. If you're concerned about it not being approved in a timely manner, I don't foresee that being a problem either. I'd say an hour or two at the very most.

That is, of course, if the system is automatic. If the process must be done through PM's, I agree, that would be ridiculous.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KingKivuli » February 9th, 2012, 11:25 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]TBH I'm more curious about how you guys plan to jumpstart the fanfiction forum...[/quote]

Have no fear this is covered but I don't want to spoil the surprise you guys will see soon enough I promise
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby MalibuTrashDog » February 9th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Augh can we just delete the Line by Line threads because they seem redundant and pointless.

And deleting locked topics would be nice because all they're doing is clogging up board space.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements