New changes that are going to happen

Re: New changes that are going to happen

Postby Noah » February 10th, 2012, 12:09 am

[quote="SillydogTheGreat"]The how can I get rid of it from showing up in my feed. I'm not subscribed or bookmarked to those topics yet it still spams up my control panel.[/quote]
What do you mean by control panel? Are you talking about "View New Posts"?
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby MalibuTrashDog » February 10th, 2012, 12:11 am

No the one next to Control Panel that says "View MY Posts".
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Noah » February 10th, 2012, 12:11 am

[quote="SillydogTheGreat"]No the one next to Control Panel that says "View MY Posts".[/quote]
Have you ever posted in it before?

EDIT: Try it now.
Siggy by Me

Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Postby Jarrett » February 10th, 2012, 12:52 am

Line by Line should stay. However, I do think the option to stop posts in certain threads from popping up in the View My Posts feed would be beneficial.
Jarrett
JHH

Do what you love and love what you do.

Pride Points: 5

Postby Noah » February 10th, 2012, 1:02 am

[quote="JHHster"]Line by Line should stay. However, I do think the option to stop posts in certain threads from popping up in the View My Posts feed would be beneficial.[/quote]
The Sillydog Situation has been fixed. What threads do you not want popping up on your "View My Posts"?
Siggy by Me

Noah

Only the lonely can play

Postby Moka » February 10th, 2012, 3:02 am

The view your posts shows the currently active topics that you've posted in. There's not really a way to unsubscribe from that, as it is hardwired into the forum. If you want to keep track of topics manually, just subscribe or bookmark them.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby jelle » February 11th, 2012, 7:16 pm

the last point probably the best new thing the staff have ever done lately.
as for the other things I do not agree with them at all
(thanks miharuka :3)

"it's not too late, it's never too late"
jelle
the unforgiven

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We cannot forgive what we cannot forget

Nickname(s): POOTISMAN
Pride Points: 20

Postby YFWE » February 11th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Heard from a member about all the fracas going on over here last few days and wanted to come check it out for myself. I will say that the staff definitely has its collective head in the right place with these changes.

I would like to bring up a quick point with No. 6 to potentially be taken into consideration. The idea of keeping new members from the den/arcade in order to promote more TLK discussion is an admirable idea and I'm by no means against it, but I do think that the posting minimum to be allowed into those topics is a bit high. It MAY cause more TLK discussion, but such a thing may also deter new members from sticking around. If someone joins but finds that there's only so many places they can post, and that said areas aren't garnering as much activity (as is the current case), their interest in the site may wane. People inherently don't want to be restricted anyway, but a more easily reachable post ceiling (say 50, for example) might be the better way to go.

These new members can only contribute to TLK discussion if there's enough TLK discussion at all. And not everyone is necessarily interested in sitting at their computers and posting lines from one or more of the films like others are, which kinda leaves them out of luck for a pretty long time. I just hope that the site doesn't lose prospective members because there's not enough to keep them here before they hit their 100 post count, if they ever do. That would be a real shame. On the other hand, prospective members interested mainly in TLK and less in socializing DO need more talk aside from, again, posting lines from the movies.

So in all, this is something that EVERYONE needs to work toward, whether you're a new member, a veteran or a staff member. If every person works toward making that section more active, it will be. For now, I kinda worry that the same people sticking to the OT board will stay there and rely on the usuals and the new folks to make discussion in the on-topic sections.

So my respectfully-submitted recommendation is to lower the post count from 100 to a lower number. Otherwise, I honestly worry that some members may be turned off from sticking around, or you may see a definite increase in one-word posts from people in order to get their count to where it needs to be. This is hypothetical of course, so if you don't see the need to change things until that happens (IF it even happens), that's cool. The other points are good. I'm especially excited to see what y'all do in regards to revitalizing the fanfic section. Keep doin' your thing, babehs.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Azdgari » February 11th, 2012, 9:48 pm

[quote="YFWE"]Heard from a member about all the fracas going on over here last few days and wanted to come check it out for myself. I will say that the staff definitely has its collective head in the right place with these changes.

I would like to bring up a quick point with No. 6 to potentially be taken into consideration. The idea of keeping new members from the den/arcade in order to promote more TLK discussion is an admirable idea and I'm by no means against it, but I do think that the posting minimum to be allowed into those topics is a bit high. It MAY cause more TLK discussion, but such a thing may also deter new members from sticking around. If someone joins but finds that there's only so many places they can post, and that said areas aren't garnering as much activity (as is the current case), their interest in the site may wane. People inherently don't want to be restricted anyway, but a more easily reachable post ceiling (say 50, for example) might be the better way to go.

These new members can only contribute to TLK discussion if there's enough TLK discussion at all. And not everyone is necessarily interested in sitting at their computers and posting lines from one or more of the films like others are, which kinda leaves them out of luck for a pretty long time. I just hope that the site doesn't lose prospective members because there's not enough to keep them here before they hit their 100 post count, if they ever do. That would be a real shame. On the other hand, prospective members interested mainly in TLK and less in socializing DO need more talk aside from, again, posting lines from the movies.

So in all, this is something that EVERYONE needs to work toward, whether you're a new member, a veteran or a staff member. If every person works toward making that section more active, it will be. For now, I kinda worry that the same people sticking to the OT board will stay there and rely on the usuals and the new folks to make discussion in the on-topic sections.

So my respectfully-submitted recommendation is to lower the post count from 100 to a lower number. Otherwise, I honestly worry that some members may be turned off from sticking around, or you may see a definite increase in one-word posts from people in order to get their count to where it needs to be. This is hypothetical of course, so if you don't see the need to change things until that happens (IF it even happens), that's cool. The other points are good. I'm especially excited to see what y'all do in regards to revitalizing the fanfic section. Keep doin' your thing, babehs.[/quote]
tl;dr

come back into my life
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby YFWE » February 11th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Only if you'll come back into mine, babes.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements