New changes that are going to happen

New changes that are going to happen

Postby KingKivuli » February 8th, 2012, 12:19 am

OK guys I'm going to start by saying alot of you probs are not going to like what's going to be said here, however all the staff discussed this last night and agreed on everything. Right now MLK does not feel like a lion king forum more just a social area, so we came up with idea that in the long run we feel will help spark up the community as this forum intended: for The Lion King

OK first off Role Play and Fanfiction groups are going to be made soon and 2 amazing people have been picked to lead them. For now im not going to tell you who but we are confident they will bring life back to those areas of MLK

Now onto the hard stuff, the parts you guys most likely will not be pleased about but it was agreed on:

1. The arcade is going - There are so many un-needed game topics in there it just seems like a ton of spam. We are keeping a few of the best games though and moving them to the den but in general its just all going

2. Den cleaning - We are seriously going to sort it out it is so full of topics that just are not needed ever. Like when topics are made for.. idk exmaple 'look at the new toy i got my cat'.... why create a topic on that its not needed. Something like that can be posted in a general discussion thread it does not need a full topic

3. Smarty pants for is also going - This area has been the cause of so much drama seriously it needs to go. Just like the arcade some topics will be spared and moved to world issues (which will be getting a rename)

4. Following on from 3 - As just a general rule, no more topics on discussing religion or politics.. all it causes is drama so never again to be honest

5. Rule enforcing - We feel alot of the members are forgetting some of the rules here in regards to topic making and how 'your opinions' are worded so the staff are gonna be a bit harsher sorry to say. Same with topics. Once we have cleaned up if you start posting needless announcements, not needed games or political/religious threads. We will just step in to lock/delete them. You wont get punished for it (unless you start spamming)

6. General restriction - We have noticed that pretty much all new members are just making a bee line for the den/arcade and general OT areas of the forum. So sorry but a restriction is going to be put down. Until members have been on the forum for a month and have made a post count of 100 there will be no access to the den/arcade

This is going to happen everyone from Moka to Noah and NEStalgiafox agreed its the way forward to make MLK better for the future. This won't happen all at once it will be a slow process but we will get there

We hope you guys understand and give your support
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: New changes that are going to happen

Postby Ultra Fox » February 8th, 2012, 12:25 am

*Awaits rage comments.*

Seriously though, it isn't as bad as it initially sounds. I was even a bit iffy on it at first, but not any more. In fact, it should end up making MLK a lot more enjoyable overall.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Moka » February 8th, 2012, 12:26 am

Looks good! As KK mentioned, not all of this is happening immediately. It will be a fairly slow transition.

Oh and the actual number of posts you'll need to access the den area might change too... for technical reasons.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Queen Elsa » February 8th, 2012, 12:27 am

I honestly am not upset by this. At first I thought you guys were going to say that the Fanfic and RP sections were going away, and I was all like "No!", but then I read on, and I understand what must be done. I too agree this will help out MLK a lot.
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby Arani » February 8th, 2012, 12:35 am

^ What she said. This actually seems like a really good idea! It's high time we all got back into TLK talk instead of random talk all day. We'll see what happens.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby DGFone » February 8th, 2012, 12:36 am

Wow... I actually agree that this.

While it is indeed a radical change, is still for the better. This place does in fact feel less of a Lion King form, so it really does need a thorough clean up to find its place again.

I will miss some of the topics that will be deleted, but I want to see more Lion King in MLK. May the changes come! So I think that in the end, everyone will come to appreciate these changes. :)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby AdAstrα » February 8th, 2012, 12:37 am

I have no complaints at all :) This sounds great.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby WildSimba » February 8th, 2012, 12:37 am

I agree 100% that this will be totally beneficial for MLK in the long run.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Noah » February 8th, 2012, 12:43 am

Where's the fighting? I brought popcorn.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Tekir » February 8th, 2012, 12:46 am

RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!1! YOU CAN'T DO THIS IT WILL RUIN AND DESTROY EVERYTHING AND ME VERY MAD!!!!1!

I'm very obviously kidding there. XP

These changes will probably feel like removing a band aid quickly for some people. It might hurt and create some complains but it's going to be better after. (After reading this twice I just can't help but think it's a weird comparison, lol XD)

Anyway, all of this sounds like a good idea and if it can make MLK a better place then I'm in. =P
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Next

Return to News & Announcements