Groups!

Re: Groups!

Postby KingKivuli » January 13th, 2012, 7:21 pm

[quote="KopsTheTerminator"]I'm still skeptical of this idea. I like the revamp of the member groups, but I'm afraid that members will simply nominate someone just because they're their friend, when being a leader of an entire group does take a certain amount of responsibility. What if a wrong leader is picked? Imagine the drama we'd get from that.

Aside from that, I don't think we should remove the AMV makers group, but, as someone suggested, rename it to video makers group, or something.[/quote]

If a member is nominated for leader and they are simply there cause their friends put them there, then the staff still have rights to remove them and replace with who we see fit or hold another quick nomination
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby SimbaKovu » January 13th, 2012, 8:12 pm

A very quick potential solution to the whole "People will only nominate their friends" thing: Why not make it so that multiple people have to nominate a person for membership, and/or the Group/Pride Leader has the ability to veto a nomination?
SimbaKovu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » January 13th, 2012, 8:35 pm

[quote="Noahcs"]^Simple. Moka becomes a super-admin and then he makes us all regular admins :P

[quote="Moka"]Okay guys, first of all this idea originated from FlipMode's prides idea.[/quote]
Can we call them Prides like Flip suggested? Groups just doesn't sound very TLK-ish.[/quote]

Because of how prides are run (AKA hostile take-overs). Well, maybe not because of that, but mostly because unlike group (which you can be a member of more than one), a pride is very isolating. If you are a member of Pride A, then you will never be a member of Pride B, C, or any other pride.

But if we leave the naming as groups, there is no worrying about joining more than one. Yes, it's purely a psychological thing, but I think it makes a big difference.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » January 13th, 2012, 8:40 pm

^That's reading way too much into it. I just wanted to make it a little more Lion King related. It's just a fun little wordplay. Kind of like every now and then when I substitute the word "hands" for "paws". It's not the farfetched either, I used to work on the 24 (espionage/terrorism show) wiki and instead of a "Rules" page, they had a "Dossier" page. Dossiers are what government agents give to each other in secret. Completely different from a list of rules.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » January 13th, 2012, 8:44 pm

^ Eh, I still think that groups will be a better name. We could switch the name to Prides after we start the system and people get used to it. Sort of like the Pride Points were called "karma" and after a while, people decided to switch the naming to what is used now.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » January 14th, 2012, 11:31 am

You could call it prides, and see which group can accumulate the most pride points between them in a week / month.
Or leave it as groups and do the same thing, IDK I thought that might be an idea.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby cleargreenwater » January 14th, 2012, 3:09 pm

I don't understand though. You can still DO things like RP and Fanart and Fanfic and be respected for your contributions to such areas *without* being in a group, right?

Cuz I've kinda been hoping a (casual, not demanding of your firstborn or total adherence to a script) canon role play would eventually start up, and if someone tells me I can't join or get second choice because I'm not in a Group, I would be mighty miffed.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby FlipMode » January 14th, 2012, 8:29 pm

lol sure you can still do stuff associated with other groups without being in them. And you can always change groups, once you are accepted into one... As far as I understand.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby cleargreenwater » January 15th, 2012, 2:11 am

^ Ah, okay. Thanks!
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Panda-chan » January 15th, 2012, 5:54 am

[quote="Amanda"][quote="DGFone"]And what about a troll group? :evil:
JK.[/quote]
PONY GROUP Image

I dunno what to think about this idea, really. I just don't like the idea of a single member having complete control over whoever joins their group.... I mean, I'm a fan artist, but if the group leader has some sort of vendetta against me, won't that affect their decision to let me join?
I'm also confused about the application process. And the criteria for becoming a group leader. I think a lot of things will need to be ironed out before this becomes official. And even then I'm predicting mass amounts of butthurt and bawwing by members who get passed up as group leaders. ;)[/quote]
Reposting while I wait for a reply...
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements