Groups!

Re: Groups!

Postby Regulus » January 12th, 2012, 11:50 pm

Seems fine by me.

I like having a blue name though. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Moka » January 13th, 2012, 12:25 am

[quote="Libre"]And I'll also start working on the wiki again like I did last summer so I can stay in the group.[/quote]

No exceptions! :P I'm even kicking myself out of all the groups, lol. You'll have to apply for membership. With the wiki group, it will probably be you have to show that you're an active wiki contributor to be in the group.

[quote="FlipMode"]I think personally, you should have this. And then in addition, have a groups forum, wherein members of the fan fic group for example, can talk in private etc (so you would have to be a member of that group to view the forum for that group) but the public forums would still remain of course.
In addition to that, members could be able to start their own groups, if they have "X" amount of people interested in joining, and can decide on a group leader.[/quote]

Ah, yeah. That's a good idea. We should do that. In fact I made a forum for the media group last night, I dunno why I didn't think to have a forum for each group.

I agree that if a member wants to create a new group they should be able to request it to be made, as long as the leader can be elected AND the group is of a unique topic.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2012, 12:36 am

Yeah ^^ sounds good!

I like where this thread is going... Or rather, has gone.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Daenerys » January 13th, 2012, 12:51 am

I really don't have good feeling about this idea. o3o.
I'm afraid it will get a lot of fights going about who gets to be leader and who gets to be this and who gets to be that...Even if there is voting, I still think it will spark fights..>.>' I just don't like the idea in general...
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby WildSimba » January 13th, 2012, 1:31 am

[quote="Moka"][quote="Libre"]And I'll also start working on the wiki again like I did last summer so I can stay in the group.[/quote]

No exceptions! :P I'm even kicking myself out of all the groups, lol. You'll have to apply for membership. With the wiki group, it will probably be you have to show that you're an active wiki contributor to be in the group.

[quote="FlipMode"]I think personally, you should have this. And then in addition, have a groups forum, wherein members of the fan fic group for example, can talk in private etc (so you would have to be a member of that group to view the forum for that group) but the public forums would still remain of course.
In addition to that, members could be able to start their own groups, if they have "X" amount of people interested in joining, and can decide on a group leader.[/quote]

Ah, yeah. That's a good idea. We should do that. In fact I made a forum for the media group last night, I dunno why I didn't think to have a forum for each group.

I agree that if a member wants to create a new group they should be able to request it to be made, as long as the leader can be elected AND the group is of a unique topic.[/quote]

What about the Moderators group? Image
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Noah » January 13th, 2012, 1:56 am

I really like this idea. I think it has several good aspects. I say full speed ahead.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby SimbaKovu » January 13th, 2012, 3:41 am

Sounds great! I'm glad to finally see the entire group system get a complete overhaul and making membership in any given group more earned rather than subject to somebody's whim.

One question: The protocol on applying for membership wasn't exactly clear. You mentioned something about nominations and then said it was the decision of the Group Leader. Which is it? Also, How will Group Leader elections be conducted? Will it be a public, transparent thread poll every 4 months that is subject to membership being definitely proven? To that effect, might I suggest having specific "Members Only" sub-boards for the specific groups where these elections take place? My thought was that these sub-boards would be password activated, with different passwords for each group, and strict penalties for distributing the passwords to non-members?

OR

Will the elections be held simply by having the different Group members PM you with their votes? If that is the case, I'd recommend separating voting for each group so that one group holds their election over the course of, say, a week, with the next group having their election the next week, and so on and so on. Otherwise, wouldn't it get confusing having to sort through the ballots for the different groups all at once?

Anyway, those were just a few questions and suggestions. Sorry if I got carried away a bit. haha. Also, feel free to contact me via PM if you wish to discuss this any further. See ya soon! xD :)
SimbaKovu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lauren » January 13th, 2012, 3:48 am

Hmm. This sounds reasonable to me. Alright. ^^
Lauren

Postby Ultra Fox » January 13th, 2012, 3:51 am

There needs to be a video-making group. LOL
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby WildSimba » January 13th, 2012, 4:15 am

[quote="Yakko"]There needs to be a video-making group. LOL[/quote]

I 2nd this suggestion. It would actually be a good replacement for the AMV group.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements