Update to Rules

Update to Rules

Postby Moka » January 5th, 2012, 5:41 am

Hi everyone. A while ago we removed a little clause in the rules that disallowed confrontational discussion topics such as religion. We allowed such discussion, but only in the newly created "Smarty Pants Forum". After a few months of trying this out, we've decided it might be best to go back to how it was. Although members were warned that the discussions in this new forum may become offensive to some, the discussions still went a little far. They also spread from the Smarty Pants forum, which was not the original intention.

So, we're going back to how it was. We are a forum for The Lion King, and while we do offer off-topic areas, we only offer them in hopes that they will be a beneficial part of the forum. We are not responsible for encompassing any topic there ever was. There are simply much better places for discussions of this type that are much better suited to handle them.

TL;DR - No more discussion about confrontational topics that are bound to bring about arguing such as religion.

We will be keeping the Smarty Pants forum, but the purpose of it (as shown in the updated forum description) is for more intellectual discussions.

Thanks!
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Update to Rules

Postby Noah » January 5th, 2012, 5:50 am

I actually like this idea. It was getting a little awkward, almost to the point where you could cut the tension with a knife. I could sense it from five topics away. ;)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Ultra Fox » January 5th, 2012, 6:22 am

This will probably be beneficial in the end. We're here to make friends, not enemies.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Azdgari » January 5th, 2012, 6:48 am

Totally lame that we have to set the bar so low that we can't even try to have civilized discussions about controversial topics like mature non-five-year-olds. Sadly, seems like the track record speaks for itself, doesn't it?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby MalibuTrashDog » January 6th, 2012, 12:23 am

People are very immature on here and get butthurt really fast. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Woeler » January 6th, 2012, 12:29 am

The most fair option to everyone. Told ya it was the best option. I'm glad this is happening. No religion, no politics. As far as i know it was the only place on the forums on which enemies were made.

Like I said before: the thought that religion or politics can be discussed without people getting offended is a delusion.

It is by far not lame. Discussions get immature when someone starts swearing or making fun of you and not when someone explains their views. And what was the most dangerous of all is that people are implying that someone meant something. You should not imply, you should be sure. When people tell you you are wrong, thats not immature if they have actual evidence to support that.

On those topics it will always be hard against hard. If you are really sure of your situation you should really not care about this. And we still have pm for if you want to.

Still this is true
[quote]You cannot limit free speech only to what you like my friends, even on the internet. I have full right to speak my mind, and I have done so already.[/quote]
Last edited by Woeler on January 6th, 2012, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 6th, 2012, 12:42 am

I think this is fine and it should have always been this way mainly because, as countless others before me have said, this is a Lion King forum, not a discussion forum for our personal views and opinions.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby MalibuTrashDog » January 6th, 2012, 12:59 am

MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Noah » January 6th, 2012, 1:05 am

[quote="Woeler1"]As far as i know it was the only place on the forums on which enemies were made.[/quote]
I know right? I don't recall the Beyond the Lion King section ever getting this heated. 8-) lol
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby FlipMode » January 6th, 2012, 1:07 am

Kopa debates say hi.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Next

Return to News & Announcements