New Banning Policy

Re: New Banning Policy

Postby IMightBeHere » November 7th, 2011, 2:11 pm

IMHO:

AFAIK KingKivuli does a great job for doing this.
1) The new ban policy is created in co-operation with Moka. I don't really see why rageing over this.
[quote]After a quick review and discussion with Moka[/quote]

2) The banning is efficiënt end quick. (Trollaccounts get dealt with fairly quickly at the moment)

3) I don't see any problems in the new system: I did something wrong -> I get punished.
They are playing the good guys for not banning you right away but giving warnings first instead.
[quote]polite PM asking you to stop[/quote]

Note: I do not have any info about the adminship apart from the banning-part, I'm just discussing the new ban-system
which I think would be more efficiënt. I am not discussing the adminship of KK, just this announcement.

EDIT: On another side note: 6 months is a long time. Warning first time= 1 week ban, warning second time= 1 month ban, third warning= (voted by admins) permaban. Would seem a better solution.

*THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND NOT MEANT OFFENSIVE, NOR AGGRESSIVE AT ANY POINT*

Spoiler: show
"The road of life is long and confusing, but try to walk it with pride and bring joy and happiness to the ones crossing your road of life. Who knows, maybe you can walk your roads of life together." - By me :)
IMightBeHere

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby KingKivuli » November 7th, 2011, 2:37 pm

thanks for your opinion, nice to see someone have one instead of just constant rage then show to alternative. it will be looked into
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby IMightBeHere » November 7th, 2011, 2:55 pm

No problem :)
I'm not the best informed person on this forum, but as far as my info goes: I have not encountered any problems with your adminship. As far as I know you are doing a great job.

As for the alternative ban-system I suggested, once again: I'm not well informed, but it seems just a bit more fair. (Although: Made mistake=take the punishment)

"The road of life is long and confusing, but try to walk it with pride and bring joy and happiness to the ones crossing your road of life. Who knows, maybe you can walk your roads of life together." - By me :)
IMightBeHere

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Maleficent » November 7th, 2011, 2:58 pm

I do think this new policy is rather strict. I mean, I guess as long as I don't screw up again, it'll be okay, but being banned from MLK would be really horrible for someone like me...just saying. :S
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby IMightBeHere » November 7th, 2011, 3:07 pm

That is why I suggested the 2 short banning periods/warnings first.

and as KK states
[quote]Upon your return you will retain your warning for 6 months and then it will disappear[/quote]
so when you received let us say a 1 week ban for 1st warning: after 6 months this will disappear. So when you do something wrong after 6 months you get a 1st warning again instead of a 2nd.

I agree the 6 month period is rather long and reducing it from 6(1)/permaban(2) to week(1)/month(2)/perma(3) could be more fair.

IMightBeHere

Postby TheIvanMuse » November 7th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Yeah,this whole thing will be re-thought and re-worked, so it's not too harsh and not too soft. Opinions will be taken into consideration, no sweat. ;)

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby WildSimba » November 7th, 2011, 5:48 pm

[quote="KingKivuli"]I can understand why your all claiming its harsh and unfair but look at it from my point of view

The old system meant you had to get 3 warns before a ban, then after a month you write an apology to come back with no warns if you did get banned. All that is doing is allowing any troll who shows up 3 chances to troll their way to a ban, lie in an apology come back and do it all again constantly.

the way the old system work meant that people like taka (not the take currently online), commando and a large bunch of others could just be allowed back on the forum. This new system is incase anything does go wrong, not that anything is wrong right now. If trolls do come on the site we want to deal with them quickly and effectively, not give them multiple chances to destroy the forum, especially with its ever growing size.[/quote]

Those people would of still had to been subject to staff review. Do you REALLY think we'd of let someone like Commando or Taka back? I'm not thinking so. And who do you see that we've let back has been let back after a month?
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 7th, 2011, 6:16 pm

I have nothing to worry about because I intend to keep by the rules, I do think it's a bit harsh (6 month ban part) but people who know they are breaking rules should know what's coming.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Panda-chan » November 8th, 2011, 12:04 am

I like turtles.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby MalibuTrashDog » November 8th, 2011, 12:07 am

[quote="Amanda"]I like turtles.[/quote]

I think we should appoint a turtle to make the rules :3
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements