Layout Changes

Re: Layout Changes

Postby KiarasMate » July 24th, 2011, 2:50 am

[quote="WildSimba"]KM, the arcade is a spam area. And you were staff over a year ago, what makes you think nothings changed?[/quote]

The only thing I was referring that had changed, was the rule of not deleting stuff that wasn't spam or went against the rules of the forum. This was something I was told as a mod, thus why I was asking why it had changed now. You however, stated that there was never such a rule, yet now you're asking me how could I think that nothing changed since I left the staff team?

Look, I'm not out to argue this point. This was just meant to give feedback to Moka, like he asked for. You can call it nit-picking if you want to, but an issue is an issue, and if you don't agree with me, fine, you don't have to reply. Again, I'll stress the point that this WAS only to point out that there was already an existing rule, stated clearly in the MLK Universal Rules that apply to all of MLK, that deals with topics that are not posted in a while. Back when I suggested that we just delete the older topics (back when I was on the staff), Moka said that the older topics would merely fall to the bottom of the boards and thus, didn't need to be deleted, and that topics didn't need to be deleted. Then, the rule of a new topic could be started after a months time if an older topic hadn't been posted in within that time frame, which is fine. That made sense. Now you see why I'm inquiring about this change? If The Arcade threads are such spam as they are being touted to be, why not just get rid of them then? Spam isn't needed on the forum, is it? Like I said though, I'm not out to argue with anyone, so I'll just leave things for now until Moka replies.

*waits patiently*
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby DGFone » July 24th, 2011, 4:02 am

As I am not a mod, I will try to figure out the reasoning behind this change of rules.

I am also aware of the (now expired) rule that topics don't get deleted, but are instead simply allowed to go down towards the bottom of the list. However, I think that there are a few reasons for changing the rules:
1) MLK is getting bigger and bigger. Why have a section with 2 pages of active topics, and 10 pages of dead topics? Get rid of them to save memory.
2) Recently, people got a [sarcasm]great[/sarcasm] idea of reviving incredibly old topics with posts saying this like "bump" or "^that". It's not fun seeing a new reply, clicking on the topic, only to find out that it was dead for a year already.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ultra Fox » July 24th, 2011, 4:40 am

^ What I think of the new layout and additions.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby KiarasMate » July 24th, 2011, 5:31 am

[quote="DGFone"]As I am not a mod, I will try to figure out the reasoning behind this change of rules.

I am also aware of the (now expired) rule that topics don't get deleted, but are instead simply allowed to go down towards the bottom of the list. However, I think that there are a few reasons for changing the rules:
1) MLK is getting bigger and bigger. Why have a section with 2 pages of active topics, and 10 pages of dead topics? Get rid of them to save memory.
2) Recently, people got a [sarcasm]great[/sarcasm] idea of reviving incredibly old topics with posts saying this like "bump" or "^that". It's not fun seeing a new reply, clicking on the topic, only to find out that it was dead for a year already.[/quote]

I would agree, except for the fact that this change is only taking effect in The Arcade. The rest of the forum still falls under the Universal Rule.

Also, in regards to point#1, I don't think pages of a forum that are mainly made up of text, really take up that much memory to be honest. :)

And in regards to point #2...

*pretends to look shocked*

What kind of member would bump a two year old topic for no reason whatsoever? Heh, I'm just glad that members who do that sort of thing aren't part of the staff or else we'd be in serious trouble. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simbaholikov » July 24th, 2011, 5:50 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]

What kind of member would bump a two year old topic for no reason whatsoever? Heh, I'm just glad that members who do that sort of thing aren't part of the staff or else we'd be in serious trouble. ^^[/quote]

Win.

In regards to the changes, it's a little confusing and will take a little time to get used to.
Simbaholikov

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2011, 9:54 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]

What kind of member would bump a two year old topic for no reason whatsoever? Heh, I'm just glad that members who do that sort of thing aren't part of the staff or else we'd be in serious trouble. ^^[/quote]

If you have some sort of problem with WS being on the staff here, I think you should bring it up with me in a PM since I was the one to ask that he would replace me on the staff. But he has done a good job of it so far, and since you seem to be giving him a hard time, I would argue he has dealt with more stuff in just a few days than I did in the months I was on the staff team. Not to mention, I chose him for a reason.
Now, It is no secret that I lost my rag with on a few occasions in my staff run, so I tip my hat to him. Because if you made comments like that to me, I would be insulting you in return. lol

As far as the recent changes go, I don't give a damn lol. Really what I think is irrelevant, because no matter what I say, if the staff want something changed, then regardless to what anyone thinks, it is going to be so.
All I will say is that the problem with allowing everyone to make ask me and chat threads is that, a lot of people did so, and now we have the issue where everyone is waiting for someone to post in their thread, rendering it as a bit of a fruitless endeavour to make one in the first place.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby KiarasMate » July 24th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Actually, I don't have a problem with anyone. I simply show members the level of respect that they show me, hence why I never made any comments like this towards you Flip, since you've always been a level headed member towards me. About my last comment, I'm sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Postby Azdgari » July 24th, 2011, 8:32 pm

I though we were all going to wait patiently to hear what Moka has to say?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2011, 8:35 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]I though we were all going to wait patiently to hear what Moka has to say?[/quote]

Quote where I said / agreed to that?
And it is MLK, we demand dramatics! Letting something simple go by peacefully? Pshhh what planet are you from? ;)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » July 24th, 2011, 8:38 pm

xD
'Twas KM himself at the top of the page!

[quote] Like I said though, I'm not out to argue with anyone, so I'll just leave things for now until Moka replies.

*waits patiently*[/quote]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements