17 Years of Awesome, PARTY TIME!

17 Years of Awesome, PARTY TIME!

Postby KingKivuli » June 14th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Yes ladies and gents tomorrow it will be the 17th birthday of The Lion King and to celebrate it is the return of MLK Party Radio!

Thats right tomorrow im going be going all out

You will get to hear songs from over the past year, new songs from games/anime, also your requests! Get them in on the request topic for tomorrow

If you have any shoutouts you wish me to broadcast on the air, please PM them all to me and they will be read out

Also involved I will be talking a little about the E3 and whats peeked our interests, not to mention Confuzzled 2011 and London MCM Expo

AND! you ready for this?

It is starting 2 hours earlier! That 10pm GMT and running to ive run out of juice!

Hope to see you all in the chat room for the party! Au Voir!
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: 17 Years of Awesome, PARTY TIME!

Postby lemonleleupi » June 14th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Congratulation TLK!!

In Japanese Standard Time it is zero o'clock now, so I'm just experiencing the fabulous day!
But perhaps, I will be busy in the university when the party is being held... :?
Everybody, thank you for praying for Japan!
WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!
lemonleleupi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Great spirits, tell me this young life's future.

Nickname(s): Leleupi
Pride Points: 1

Postby Simbaholikov » June 14th, 2011, 4:23 pm

I thought TLK's Birthday was on the 24th June..? :thoughtful2:
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Libre » June 14th, 2011, 6:28 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]I thought TLK's Birthday was on the 24th June..? :thoughtful2:[/quote]
It was released on June 15 1994 :)
So yeah, party on !
Libre
colourful

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Simbaholikov » June 14th, 2011, 7:14 pm

But the Disney website says 24th.. And all the other years the party was on the 24th too.. :thoughtful2:
Imma confoozed..
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » June 14th, 2011, 7:36 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]But the Disney website says 24th.. And all the other years the party was on the 24th too.. :thoughtful2:
Imma confoozed..[/quote]

Maybe because the UK release was the 24th, and the USA release was the 15th? Not actually sure if that is actually true but it sounds like the case ^^.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Libre » June 14th, 2011, 8:03 pm

I just looked it up at the Internet Movie Database:
The Lion King was first releaesed on June 15 1994, only for a week or so. Then it came back to the theatres on June 24. So actually we all were right :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110357/releaseinfo
Last edited by Libre on June 14th, 2011, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libre
colourful

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Simbaholikov » June 14th, 2011, 8:06 pm

^
Pretty much whut I just found out looking at a few places.. There was a 'Limited International Release' on the 15th, then the US release was the 24th. ^^
Simbaholikov

Postby FlipMode » June 14th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Ah yes I remember now lol I think they were talking about it on the extras of the DVD in fact =).
Anyway the point is that MLK Radio is back tomorrow! Hope to see everyone online at that time then ^^
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » June 14th, 2011, 8:07 pm

^ I think I know the reason why: The Lion King was the "B" movie, and half-expected to flop, which is why it was only on for one week when it was released. But when it was discovered to be a hit, they re-released it as soon as they could.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to News & Announcements