Theatrical Release of TLK

Re: Theatrical Release of TLK

Postby DGFone » December 22nd, 2011, 9:03 am

If you're going to watch the 2D version, do so at home with your family. Theaters are rather bad for watching movies (irony, I know), but they are the only way to see The Lion King 3D realistically for mot of us. But if you want to enjoy it as it should, get the 2D Blue Ray, sit down with your family at home, and enjoy.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » December 22nd, 2011, 9:07 am

[quote="DGFone"]If you're going to watch the 2D version, do so at home with your family. Theaters are rather bad for watching movies (irony, I know), but they are the only way to see The Lion King 3D realistically for mot of us. But if you want to enjoy it as it should, get the 2D Blue Ray, sit down with your family at home, and enjoy.[/quote]

I feel like I have just got threatened into spending more time with my family. Did my mom put you up to this? :lol: I'm just kidding. But seriously, so 2D was not an option for most of America? Did they do it both ways where you live DGFone?

Also, that newspaper clipping was from September. I can no longer see the Lion King in theaters no what I do.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » December 22nd, 2011, 9:17 am

[quote="Noahcs"]
I feel like I have just got threatened into spending more time with my family. Did my mom put you up to this? :lol: I'm just kidding. But seriously, so 2D was not an option for most of America? Did they do it both ways where you live DGFone?

Also, that newspaper clipping was from September. I can no longer see the Lion King in theaters no what I do.[/quote]

Nah, we had the 2D version in theaters. But the whole "watch it with your family" thing is entirely me, and here are the reasons for it: People talk in theaters. Theaters stink. You don't know who you sit next to in a theater.

Remove all three at home. And if someone talks, you can tell them to shut up, and it will still be polite. And then if your desperate, rewind what was talked over.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » December 22nd, 2011, 9:20 am

[quote="DGFone"][quote="Noahcs"]

Also, that newspaper clipping was from September. I can no longer see the Lion King in theaters no what I do.[/quote]

Nah, we had the 2D version in theaters. But the whole "watch it with your family" thing is entirely me, and here are the reasons for it: People talk in theaters. Theaters stink. You don't know who you sit next to in a theater.

Remove all three at home. And if someone talks, you can tell them to shut up, and it will still be polite. And then if your desperate, rewind what was talked over.[/quote]

Annoying people talking? Funny smells? You just described my house. :lol:

Seriously though, thank you for answering my question. I had always wondered if the rest of America got the 2D version. And for the most part, I agree with your opinions on the cinema.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Previous

Return to News & Announcements