Staff Election (Voting)

Please choose your top 3 choices for a new staff member!

Poll ended at February 9th, 2011, 5:55 am

FlipMode (9 nominations)
15%
SillydogTheGreat (12 nominations)
11%
Simbaholic (14 nominations)
12%
Amanda (13 nominations)
12%
WildSimba (5 nominations)
3%
SnowyCheetah (13 nominations)
11%
Ushujaa (1 nomination)
4%
Azdgari (4 nominations)
3%
xLilacVixenx (3 nominations)
7%
Simba66 (2 nominations)
3%
TheRoguePrince (3 nominations)
5%
Cdot (1 nomination)
1%
Annie (2 nominations)
5%
Simbadacub (1 nomination)
4%
QueenOfPrideRock (3 nominations)
5%

Total votes : 153

Re: Staff Election (Voting)

Postby Azdgari » February 9th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 10th, 2011, 2:46 am

Doesn't it seem fitting, though, that the same rule would apply that Moka used to answer the question?

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby YFWE » February 10th, 2011, 2:49 am

No

Moka's got his top 3, and I feel kinda sorry for them that all this focus is diverted on others instead of those who were rightfully victorious in the eyes of the forum. dis be ridonkulous.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 10th, 2011, 3:37 am

I see a major flaw in the reasoning here o_O

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby YFWE » February 10th, 2011, 3:39 am

Go. What is it?
YFWE

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Postby WildSimba » February 10th, 2011, 3:43 am

I think this was majorly flawed in the first place. It really just ended up being a popularity contest, no matter how you look at it. I mean, not that the people selected don't deserve it, they do, but there are some lesser known people on here, who I feel can do a fantastic job as a moderator. So, to be honest, not to be a "party pooper", but I think after this time, the staff should return to the original policy. This really didn't seem to work out to me, in my opinion, as much as I thought it would.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby YFWE » February 10th, 2011, 3:51 am

I somewhat agree with you, WS. This was destined to be just a popularity contest and I don't think anyone can deny that. On the other side, though, apparently certain members were dissatisfied with the way it used to be done. I feel like, with this way, at least the members could say that they had their say and that if the chosen moderator faltered, blame couldn't be laid solely on the staff for choosing him/her. It seemed like a pretty foolproof system, until something like this came along. >_>

Had Simbaholic or Amanda gained or lost one little vote, provided Snowy and Silly stayed the same, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all because they'd be top 3 -- like they are now, only more clearly. That's the frustrating aspect about this; everyone has their own opinions of how everything should be scored, due in part to certain members having their heart set on getting the spot. It's something you don't want to see and with one little vote could have been abolished. Sucks, but what can you do?

Best thing to do is to just have Moka or someone from the staff provide the end-all decision. If it's three, cool. If it's five, cool. Just get it over with, choose the next mod, and let's get back to our mundane lives, por favor.

EDIT: Said Moka in the first post of the thread: [quote]For review: after voting closes, we will be taking the 3 nominees that were voted for the most and choose 1 from those 3 to become the new staff member. We will announce our choice within 3 days.[/quote]

3 that were voted for the most. Wouldn't that be, you know, the ones Moka chose? Flip, Amanda and Simbaholic?
YFWE

Svanire

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 10th, 2011, 3:58 am

Whatever, but I'm not sure if the vote in general was a good idea or not. While I didn't like the staff just picking, and the members being stuck with whoever was chosen without their say, I don't like the popularity contest thing either. It's kind of a no-win deal in terms of election method.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby YFWE » February 10th, 2011, 4:21 am

I agree with you, dude... but honestly, I don't think there's any way around it in that no matter what system you choose, someone's always going to be disappointed. I guess it's just a matter of who in each situation. :/

This is actually why I like forums with minimal staff. So much less drama when it comes to these things.
YFWE

Svanire

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 10th, 2011, 4:39 am

True, but we kinda need more staff to accommodate the recent spam/troll increases.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements