Staff Election (Voting)

Please choose your top 3 choices for a new staff member!

Poll ended at February 9th, 2011, 5:55 am

FlipMode (9 nominations)
15%
SillydogTheGreat (12 nominations)
11%
Simbaholic (14 nominations)
12%
Amanda (13 nominations)
12%
WildSimba (5 nominations)
3%
SnowyCheetah (13 nominations)
11%
Ushujaa (1 nomination)
4%
Azdgari (4 nominations)
3%
xLilacVixenx (3 nominations)
7%
Simba66 (2 nominations)
3%
TheRoguePrince (3 nominations)
5%
Cdot (1 nomination)
1%
Annie (2 nominations)
5%
Simbadacub (1 nomination)
4%
QueenOfPrideRock (3 nominations)
5%

Total votes : 153

Re: Staff Election (Voting)

Postby AdAstrα » February 9th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Congratulations guys! You all deserve it :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby MalibuTrashDog » February 9th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Figures, I should have withdrew when I had the chance.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Azdgari » February 9th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Congratulations, guys. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby TheRoguePrince » February 9th, 2011, 6:16 pm

[quote="SillydogTheGreat"]Figures, I should have withdrew when I had the chance.[/quote]
*agrees in regards to self*

Congrats to the winners.
TheRoguePrince

Postby TheDoctor » February 9th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Rogue, SillyDog. You got nominated at all - and you got several votes each - I reckon that's quite a feat in itself ;)

Congrats to the "winners"! =D Good luck now :3
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Azdgari » February 9th, 2011, 6:54 pm

[quote="Moka"][quote="FlipMode"]Also Moka I have a question; what about the event of a tie? I understand that the top 3 people based from vote totals will be going into staff decision, but what if say the top person has 16, the next was 14 and then two others had 13?[/quote]

We would take all four into consideration in that scenario.[/quote]
Just throwing out there that you guys ignored this. :3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » February 9th, 2011, 7:20 pm

[quote="Azdgari"][quote="Moka"][quote="FlipMode"]Also Moka I have a question; what about the event of a tie? I understand that the top 3 people based from vote totals will be going into staff decision, but what if say the top person has 16, the next was 14 and then two others had 13?[/quote]

Just throwing out there that you guys ignored this. :3[/quote]

If you read what I said carefully; I asked what would happen if more than one person got the third highest total, which is not what happened because instead we had a joined 2nd place and since that makes up three people which was the original intent then it sounds about right to me at least.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 9th, 2011, 8:04 pm

[quote="Azdgari"][quote="Moka"][quote="FlipMode"]Also Moka I have a question; what about the event of a tie? I understand that the top 3 people based from vote totals will be going into staff decision, but what if say the top person has 16, the next was 14 and then two others had 13?[/quote]

Just throwing out there that you guys ignored this. :3[/quote]

@ Flip, same rule applies.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby YFWE » February 9th, 2011, 8:25 pm

In just about any other ranking I've seen, be it when I played sports in high school, academic orderings, whatever, the PLACING would be as such for this:
1. FlipMode
2. Simbaholic
2. Amanda
4. SnowyCheetah
4. Sillydogthegreat
6. Lilac

By the other logic, Cdot, who received the lowest amount of votes, finished 9th. Out of 14. Boy, that sure makes sense.

This is a big to-do about nothing. The focus should be on the three who were, in the forum's collective eyes, good enough. Not the two who weren't.

EDIT: I SHOULD NOTE, however, that if the final field was expanded to include Snowy and Sillydog, I would have no problem with this, as I have no problem with them at all. All I'm saying is that in most -- if not all -- other circles, top 3 would mean top 3, not 5, unless you had first place winning a specific amount, second winning a lesser amount, and third tied at a certain amount, at which point you'd add. That's all I'm saying here. Nothing against the candidates.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby FlipMode » February 9th, 2011, 8:41 pm

[quote="YFWE"]
EDIT: I SHOULD NOTE, however, that if the final field was expanded to include Snowy and Sillydog, I would have no problem with this, as I have no problem with them at all. All I'm saying is that in most -- if not all -- other circles, top 3 would mean top 3, not 5, unless you had first place winning a specific amount, second winning a lesser amount, and third tied at a certain amount, at which point you'd add. That's all I'm saying here. Nothing against the candidates.[/quote]

That is the idea that I was trying to put across; that is always how I have always known results too.
The point being that if there was not a tie for 2nd place then all those in tied third would indeed be considered, but it just is not the case here.

And of course nothing against any of the candidates, just trying to keep the peace and hopefully clear things up for people who may be a bit puzzled.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements