Staff Election (Voting)

Please choose your top 3 choices for a new staff member!

Poll ended at February 9th, 2011, 5:55 am

FlipMode (9 nominations)
15%
SillydogTheGreat (12 nominations)
11%
Simbaholic (14 nominations)
12%
Amanda (13 nominations)
12%
WildSimba (5 nominations)
3%
SnowyCheetah (13 nominations)
11%
Ushujaa (1 nomination)
4%
Azdgari (4 nominations)
3%
xLilacVixenx (3 nominations)
7%
Simba66 (2 nominations)
3%
TheRoguePrince (3 nominations)
5%
Cdot (1 nomination)
1%
Annie (2 nominations)
5%
Simbadacub (1 nomination)
4%
QueenOfPrideRock (3 nominations)
5%

Total votes : 153

Staff Election (Voting)

Postby Moka » February 2nd, 2011, 5:55 am

Alright! I've double checked the list and the number of nominations, but if I've made a mistake, PM me. Any nominee has the chance to be removed from this list - just PM me.

Voting runs for 7 days and will end on February 8th, 2011. You may select up to 3 nominees because choosing 1 is just too difficult :3 You may change your vote at any time before voting is closed. You are welcome to announce who you voted for and why, but you are not required to.

Please think long and hard about your top 3 choices. Snowy was kind enough to write a bit on the staff election; I recommend reading it.

For review: after voting closes, we will be taking the 3 nominees that were voted for the most and choose 1 from those 3 to become the new staff member. We will announce our choice within 3 days.

Happy voting ^^
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Staff Election (Voting)

Postby Arani » February 2nd, 2011, 6:25 am

Voted, good luck to all!!! ^_^
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby YFWE » February 2nd, 2011, 6:28 am

I actually thought a lot longer about my selections for this than I thought I would (It was tough!), but I think I've made my decision. I won't reveal who they were exactly, but we'll just say that I went with three individuals--two female, one male--whom I believe quite fit KK's post in the Staff Elections thread in the den. The members I chose are responsible, respectable, admirable and show quality leadership traits. All three are mature individuals, and are the kind of people who I think both have a good sense of humor about them and also know when something's gone too far, and quite importantly, I rarely (if ever) see these folks making fun of other members both on and off the forums.

That being said, we've got a lovely crop of potential staff members in this bunch, and there's a lot of people here who deserve a chance. Good luck to all of you, and good luck to the current staff in choosing said member! I want to reiterate that this is a very good, democratic (ish) way of doing things, and barring it not working out very well in the long run, I hope that this is how we continue to select those overseeing MLK for months to come.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby FlipMode » February 2nd, 2011, 8:22 am

Okay I made my three votes; now before I go into why can I just say a big thank you to anyone who nominated me... I mean really, win or loose; 9 people thought I would be a good candidate for a staff member, that has made my day and it's only 7AM... I mean it certainly put me in a jolly good mood :). And of course on that note; thanks in advance for anyone who decides to vote me for whatever reasons ^^.

Now onto my choices then and I think I will take the same approach as YFWE and not reveal my choices, but I voted for well almost the same reasons he already gave himself, but I also based it on general behaviour / public image as well as personality and activity; I want a staff member who will likely be on regularly.
Well that is that then I guess, and hey good luck to everyone on that list, seriously that is such an awesome collection of members who all deserve it for multiple reasons ^^

Also Moka I have a question; what about the event of a tie? I understand that the top 3 people based from vote totals will be going into staff decision, but what if say the top person has 16, the next was 14 and then two others had 13?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Moka » February 2nd, 2011, 8:41 am

[quote="FlipMode"]Also Moka I have a question; what about the event of a tie? I understand that the top 3 people based from vote totals will be going into staff decision, but what if say the top person has 16, the next was 14 and then two others had 13?[/quote]

We would take all four into consideration in that scenario.
Moka
:D

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 2nd, 2011, 9:32 am

I made my votes! Based on my knowledge of all the candidates, I believe I chose the most sensible and responsible of them. May the most suitable candidate be elected.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby SophieCub » February 2nd, 2011, 11:49 am

I voted on who is right for the job :)

Good luck to everyone!
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 2nd, 2011, 11:52 am

Voted! good luck!
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise

Postby KingKivuli » February 2nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

I have made mine and I will call this out again:

DO NOT JUST VOTE FOR YOUR FRIENDS CAUSE THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS

Yes it is nice seeing your bff with mod rights cause you can trust them but they may not be the best candidate. Think who is active, well known trustworthy and doesn't kick up any fuss

and for the love of god dont vote for yourself please be fair
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 2nd, 2011, 1:16 pm

I Didnt vote for my freinds KK, I know its not right!
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise

Next

Return to News & Announcements