What Happened?

What Happened?

Postby Moka » November 19th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Hello everyone :)

Sorry for the long downtime of MLK today. I'm sure you're all wondering what's going on! First of all, nothing was "hacked." But, I did make a mistake. Let me explain. Someone got control of a previous moderator's account whether by guessing or they just had a weak password. When this moderator was removed, I didn't fully remove their permissions as an administrator. When this person got control of this moderator's account, it was as simple as changing the passwords of other moderators and logging into their accounts as well. So things were a little messy in here today as you can imagine!

The board has been reverted to a previous version before all this happened, and things can continue normally. I've secured this moderator's account and everything should be good to go. I'm also asking other members, especially moderators, to change their passwords to a password that is complex (containing numbers, at least 10 characters long) and a password that is not used anywhere else! Especially MSN! If anyone is having issues accessing their account, email me at moka@mylionking.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Moka & MLK Staff
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: What Happened?

Postby Mike » November 19th, 2010, 11:56 pm

Thanks for the quick explanation and speedily putting the site back up =)
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby TheDoctor » November 20th, 2010, 12:03 am

That sounds messy indeed. Glad it's been solved!

Though... wait, wait, does this mean that there are posts permanently lost now? :omg5:
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Mike » November 20th, 2010, 12:05 am

Only two days worth. A very small price to pay for our loveable site back up and running ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Panda-chan » November 20th, 2010, 12:07 am

[quote="TheDoctor"]Though... wait, wait, does this mean that there are posts permanently lost now? :omg5:[/quote]
If they were made within the last two days, yes.
And lol, I seriously thought someone had hacked the main page or something XD Glad it's back though.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Moka » November 20th, 2010, 12:07 am

[quote="TheDoctor"]That sounds messy indeed. Glad it's been solved!

Though... wait, wait, does this mean that there are posts permanently lost now? :omg5:[/quote]

Yes, some members were deleted during this attack, which we cannot undo. The only way to undo that is to revert to one of the daily backups I make. Unfortunately, the two days of posts that were made just can't be recovered. So for that I am sorry.

[quote="Amanda"]If they were made within the last two days, yes.
And lol, I seriously thought someone had hacked the main page or something XD Glad it's back though.[/quote]

That would truly be bad, because then we would be dealing with an actual hacker :P
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby TheDoctor » November 20th, 2010, 12:09 am

*facedesk* I just started a RolePlay... :lol:

Oh, well, I can write it over again =P The important thing is that the site is back and with such little damage despite everything.
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Shade » November 20th, 2010, 12:20 am

lol timewarp
^Made by Taka

THE GAME

"I'm the only one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life the way I want to."
-Jimi Hendrix
Shade

Pride Points: 1

Postby Harvs » November 20th, 2010, 12:51 am

Ok, that scared me for a minute. But it's all good. I really thought for a moment that it was a hacker. @___@

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby ShetanziBaby » November 20th, 2010, 1:49 am

Augh this is so unfortunate. I had to re-register my account and now I have no posts. :(
ShetanziBaby

It's fun to be a dragon!

Nickname(s): Tani, Shezzie, Charlie
Pride Points: 0

Next

Return to News & Announcements