What Happened?

Re: What Happened?

Postby TheRoguePrince » November 30th, 2010, 2:10 am

hm, that is aweful, did you manage to fix it SC?
TheRoguePrince

Postby MalibuTrashDog » November 30th, 2010, 3:45 am

[quote="SharpLionson"]Did you guys ever find out who was behind it all?[/quote]

No, but remember, curiosity did kill the cat.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby TheRoguePrince » November 30th, 2010, 4:16 pm

suspicions will only get us into trouble, I have my ideas, but it is not smart to say that kind of stuff... best live and let live
TheRoguePrince

Postby MalibuTrashDog » November 30th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Those are wise words TRP. Best not to get involved.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby TheRoguePrince » December 1st, 2010, 1:53 am

yes, I have learned my lesson, though it was hard. I have gotten the better of the deal in the end though, so no need for speculation, and no, I am not happy people left
TheRoguePrince

Postby axx1000 » December 3rd, 2010, 5:57 am

lolz Moka, anyway for anyone for this site i made a chart on how long it whould take for a hacker to crack your password

Only Lowercase
0.02 seconds - 3 charactors
.046 seconds - 4 charactors
11.9 seconds - 5
5.15 minutes - 6
2.23 hours - 7
2.42 days - 8
2.07 months - 9
4.48 years - 10
1.16 centuries - 11
3.03 millennia - 12
78.7 millennia - 13
2,046 millennia -14

All Characters
0.86 seconds - 3
1.36 minutes - 4
2.15 hours - 5
8.51 days - 6
2.21 years - 7
2.10 centuries - 8
20 millennia - 9
1,899 millennia - 10
180,365 millennia - 11
17,184,705 millennia - 12
1,627,797,068 millennia - 13
154,640,721,434 millennia - 14

as you can hopefully see the more charactors you add the longer it will take for the hacker to get your password using a brute force attack

now as you may be thinking theres more then 1 type of ways to hack??? yes there is. i would also suggest a few things to better help you.

if the hacker is going to try to use a dictonary search hack then id suggest to randomly substitute numbers for letters that look similar. The letter ‘o’ becomes the number ’0′, or even better an ‘@’ or ‘*’. (i.e. – m0d3ltf0rd… like modelTford)

Now if your worried about how strong your password is then just go to Microsofts password checker which will test to see how strong your password is, if fact EVERYONE SHOULD GO TO THIS RIGHT NOW AND IF YOUR PASSWORD IS NOT AT LEAST A MEDIUM THEN YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT CHANGING YOUR CURRENT PASSWORD!

good day to you all
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.
~~favorite game ever
axx1000

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BOINK!

Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » December 3rd, 2010, 6:02 am

That's not even taking into account the latency or flood interval, Lol.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby TheRoguePrince » December 3rd, 2010, 4:08 pm

wow, I am stunned by the the intricacy of the necessary password protection protocals that must be ensured to prevent an attack from gaining access to your account. It would seem that someone merely decided to use a password not strong enough to prevent such an incursion and thus, mahem....
TheRoguePrince

Previous

Return to News & Announcements