Thoughts on the Scar character from this movie?

Thoughts on the Scar character from this movie?

Postby Outsider218 » November 13th, 2019, 10:41 pm

I was kinda disappointed with how this Scar character turned out in this new movie, but i have changed my mind. Scar looks GREAT in any The Lion King movie(s). What about your thoughts & opinions? :evil:
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Thoughts on the Scar character from this movie?

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » November 16th, 2019, 7:07 pm

In my opinion, people were way to harsh on his design. That is what Scar would look like in a realistic setting. I even saw a redesign using the character's original color palette but I wasn't a fan. It looked to, what is the word , cartoony. I like this version. Scar is supposed to look sickly compared to Mufasa. I remember when everyone was posting their complaints on social media. People were acting like someone set their house on fire. Geez.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby TheLionPrince » December 9th, 2019, 8:34 pm

His design is a fine recreation from the original and you can see his trademark black fur growing out of the edges of his mane. In terms of personality, it's mostly the same although in the remake, he feels more angrier and ominous hence the differences of "Be Prepared". In the original film, Scar was more theatrical.

The one change I did like was that it was revealed that Scar had challenged Mufasa for the throne before Simba's birth and the result gave him his scar. I don't see the original Scar doing this given he prioritizes his intelligence over his strength so he knows beforehand he would lose in a fight. The remake's Scar tends to "act first, think later" based on his impulses.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KingEzra123 » December 11th, 2019, 6:24 pm

:roar: :confused: Uncle Scar i like your original look better than your new look :ghost2:
KingEzra123
Keyblade Legend

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Ezra The First Lion Keyblade Master
Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » June 14th, 2020, 11:01 pm

@ TheLionPrince: While your thoughts and conclusions on Scar are far more eloquent than mine. I would like to echo Your statements.

* I copy/pasted my thoughts from a similar topic *

The impression I got was that in this movie Scar was more physically powerful than in the original (He and Mufasa did have some type of confrontation prior to the events of the film (possibly over Sarabi)). Therefore he did not need to rely so much on his cunning.

As far as Scar still being as evil. He still wanted to kill His Brother and His Nephew, but now he (for lack of a better term) wanted Sarabi. That is a whole new dimension of evil.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King (2019)