It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Aelwen » December 9th, 2019, 12:16 am

The tlk remake has a male cub in the end of the movie according to the official novel. And it never mentioned any Scar followers either. So it's unlikely they will remake Simba's Pride. Maybe they will use some elements like a new rival pride for a threat.

Will Aladdin remake follow the plot of the animated sequel?
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Stormy » December 9th, 2019, 12:31 am

I believe they already mentioned Aladdin 2 will not be a remake of Return of Jafar.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 9th, 2019, 3:54 am

Yes, most of the newest articles on the "Aladdin 2" live action point to a different take than "The Return of Jafar" like the one below.

We'll see if TLK2 and other movies will go this route or if they will follow in "Aladdin"'s footsteps.

If that's the case then the animation and live action will be like two completely different universes. It'd be funny if they turn "Frozen" into a live action movie and "Frozen 2" will have a completely different plot - no Into the Unknown song, etc.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/17/aladdin- ... -10761393/
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » December 9th, 2019, 3:58 am

Oh geez. The producer of Frozen already shut down the idea of a live action Frozen, and Frozen III (for now).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 9th, 2019, 8:27 am

[quote="Abyssal_S"]Oh geez. The producer of Frozen already shut down the idea of a live action Frozen, and Frozen III (for now).[/quote]

Yes though in case it does get made that’d be interesting seeing the audiences react to a completely changed sequel. Not sure what the reason was not to go with “The Return of Jafar” for the “Aladdin 2” remake. But again, it’d be a completely different universe than the original animation if we get something new for the live action.
Now available to read!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Postby Stormy » December 15th, 2019, 7:54 am

Not sure how many people have heard, but according to many sources the studio that worked on visuals for The Lion King remake shutdown earlier this week. These were the same people who worked on the Sonic movie and who were going to work on Jurassic World 3. Not sure how this would affect any potential sequel to TLK.

Though I’d assume they’d just get another part of the studios to do it, these were many super talented people with lots of successful movies behind them.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm

The studio was just a part of one company iirc. A company that had many other vfx studios.

Shouldnt affect a sequel that much tho I do feel terrible for those losing their jobs right before Christmas, esp after all the crunch time they did...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » December 16th, 2019, 4:58 am

Frozen II has finally entered the top 50 grossing films of all time and upon seeing this I couldn’t help but notice The Lion King ‘94 is only 3 movies now from being knocked off that list. Which will likely all come in 2020. Something about that makes me feel sad, especially seeing how it was once the 2nd highest grossing film in the world. I know inflation has a giant part in it but still. Somewhere I read that TLK 2019 made the same amount ‘94 made just in today’s money. I guess it’s just the unfortunate fate of older movies that will just be destroyed on top list because of the costs nowadays.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 16th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I noticed that about "Frozen II". Had "Simba's Pride" gotten a cinematic release imagine how well it would do, knowing the direct-to-video sales were the highest for any Disney sequel back then.

Yes TLK '94 was once the 2nd highest grossing film. So crazy that as technology continues to advance, movies that make use of it tend to gross higher.
Now available to read!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Postby Elton John » December 16th, 2019, 3:03 pm

TLK 2019 made more revenue but less profits.

TLK 1994 made close to 800 million (original release not counting rereleases) on a much smaller budget. You need to remember that theaters take a big cut of that revenue too.

Still, not to downplay tlk 2019’s success... biggest disney remake, biggest musical, biggest disney movie that isnt marvel or star wars..,
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)