It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 30th, 2016, 4:04 am

I forgot to mention to add on to my previews opinion on when it comes to me say that change is hard is that this next film will be a addition to different version options for all TLK fans, starting from TLK1-2, 1 1/2 Broadway Musical, TLG and now this this remake, I can just see how all these different version of TLK can bring us all closer together as fans...or maybe it will just show how different we all are, but Every TLK fan will now have there own version of TLK that they will prefer to favor, or like me they will love all the version all together and combine and mix all versions together however they see fit, yes I can see it now a much bigger expansions on the TLK franchise communities. :butterflies: :heart: :hug4: :together: :grouphug: :kingsofthepast: :secret: :pinnedya: :snuggle: :togetherness: :pawprint:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Amur_Tiger » September 30th, 2016, 6:21 am

[quote="Ninaroja"]One thing I'm wondering about - there's no humans in TLK (unlike Jungle Book, Beauty and the BEast etc.), so unless maybe Rafiki is done by motion capture or something, will it just be pure CGI? So, TLK, but more realistic? Hmmmm.

I kinda saw this coming, and I will definitely see it (provided this isn't just more rumours (haven't had time to inspect any of the sources yet) - I just hope this re-imagining stays true to the source material. Heck, they might even make it darker (like the Jungle Book was) - we may finally see the Pride Lands during Scar's reign, Simba's implied PTSD etc.

I guess I'll withhold judgement until the first look at the movie is available.

Also I hope they don't screw up the voice acting - TJB retained the original music so I can't see why this one wouldn't.[/quote]

So for the sake of getting some context in this I watched the Jungle Book to get a sense of where it could go, I was somewhat reassured though I can't say I loved the movie the plot and premise of the original Jungle Book was pretty weak, the remake made it stronger. Voice acting and visuals were good enough that I think it's safe to say they have material to work with to tackle something as grand as TLK, I was particularly happy to hear 'Stringer Bell' ( Idris Elba ) as someone of his talent and character would make for a good Scar.

My concern isn't entirely gone though, while the Jungle Book ( 2016 ) made a passable movie better The Lion King ( 201X ) will have to keep a great movie great or improve it, there's a lot more things about the original that the remake will have to be careful not to break if they want to live up to the original. Also I'm a bit concerned about how they're going to manage to distinguish between lions as more realistic lions will necessarily reduce the options available for coloring, no more firetruck red manes to mark the 'royal' males.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Now I will say yes im sure Zimmer was beautiful with his work but when I think Zimmer I think... :roll: meh....Now Lebo M. Im all about his beautiful African voice, (love his voice more in Rythem of the Pridelands) and well if there not going to bring him back for TLG then why bother hoping they will for this film. But I just hope they stick with the African based musical culture vibe that we got from our originals, because lion king made me fall in love with African music.[/quote]

I halfway agree with what you're saying here and some of the other similar comments to that effect but I do think there's a big important caveat, keep the orchestra around. You can mix in instruments from outside of the traditional orchestra but don't let there not be an orchestra available to back up and support the score and songs. The richness of sounds you get with that range of instruments is pretty key to making powerful scores, especially those that are placed in a natural context.

All in all I think I'd rather they didn't remake TLK, because there's pretty limited space for them to improve on the original, the main upside would be that it lays the groundwork for them having another go at expanding the TLK universe with new stories/movies but the chances of that are fairly narrow. What makes this all the more odd is that they just finished re-establishing TLK in an animated setting, is there now going to be split canon between the 3D and animated TLK? It all strikes me as a bit odd and given that Disney always seemed to only half understand what they had with the original I'm not terribly optimistic.

All that said it's their IP to iterate on and I certainly won't be upset if they make it, just concerned.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I can just see how all these different version of TLK can bring us all closer together as fans...or maybe it will just show how different we all are[/quote]

I'll say this right up front, those that liked TLK are a fairly diverse bunch, the fact that they are is the sign of a good movie as it's broad enough and powerful enough to draw in a big crowd. I think this is part of the reason why there's division over some of the following movies and more recently over The Lion Guard. Being the quality movie it was TLK had an easy time offering audiences things that the rest of the movies don't and it won't surprise me if the remake of TLK faces some of the same problem. So long as folks are reasonably polite about it though a diversity of opinion is a very good thing.
Amur_Tiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby zerodix » September 30th, 2016, 10:45 am

i am not sure what to think of it. the lion guard is a great new thing, and i do hope this remake will be worth the watch. i will keep judgement on hold till i see the first images and footage. off course it will bring along new merch, which is gooood :)

edit: if this is gonna be a thing, it should have a subforum, like the 3 movies ans TLG and tlkob?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » September 30th, 2016, 11:31 am

It should when it gets closer to release. Right now is too early when we know little about it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby zerodix » September 30th, 2016, 11:41 am

good point, at this moment there isnt much material to discuss. i hope they publish some soon! is there a release date yet?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Ninaroja » September 30th, 2016, 4:03 pm

^Not so far as I'm aware - I'm going to assume maybe 2-3 years away?

Aaaaand the reactions (both positive and negative) are rolling on in...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelblackmo ... vyADqPooZw
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby it means no worries » September 30th, 2016, 4:15 pm

As it's a live action film, are they gonna use Micheal Jackson for the presentation scene?
Last edited by it means no worries on September 30th, 2016, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Elton John » September 30th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Uh...no...MJ has been dead for over 5 years...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » September 30th, 2016, 7:45 pm

And of course just like The Lion Guard, this idea is also being attacked by the Lion King fanatics. To be honest, i saw many of the comments these people made about this upcoming movie, and my god i have never seen such a rabid display of irrationality and bitterness towards one (or two) ideas. I know, it's the internet and you can't please everyone, but DANG. I really had hoped that the fanbase for TLK wouldn't get so religious about the franchise, no matter what Disney tries to do to expand upon the lore or anything like that. But i guess i am a fool for thinking that anyways, given no fandom ever stays pure.

But you know what? All the negativity for TLG still didn't stop the show from being successful anyways, and i have a feeling that if this re-imagining of TLK is made well, then the same will happen for that too. So just like the hate for TLG, i too will ignore the hate for this new Lion King. After all, the world as we know it could use more positivity anyways ^^

Also, yes i'm back :D
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby Carl » September 30th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Even if it's not good, why hate? It's too early on to decide if it's good or bad anyway. People ought to give it a chance first.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)