It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby DGFone » October 30th, 2018, 3:59 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Now they are saying Scar wont be in the remake, please Im not the only who knows this is just a bunch of fake news[/quote]

Considering that Scar is the big villain of the movie, I am going to have to see some hard evidence before I even begin to suspect that this is Fake News.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » October 30th, 2018, 4:13 am

You need to stop instantly believing every rumor you read, GPK.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » October 30th, 2018, 6:08 am

I'm very curious who "they" are considering that the casting of Scar was highly publicized, first with the Hugh Jackman rumor that his agent/publicist had to shoot down, and then Chiwetel Ejiofor actually getting the role and showing up on the official main cast roster.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 30th, 2018, 6:36 am

[quote="Elton John"]You need to stop instantly believing every rumor you read, GPK.[/quote]

I dont believe it at all its others who are believing it, I just want to make sure, i'm ot the only one here.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » October 30th, 2018, 7:33 am

well, it sounds super fake.

it is already well known, like Pan said, that Scar has been casted in the movie.

It would be completely bizarre to write him out of the movie cuz they would need to completely rewrite the entire story all over again.

That would take far too much time and effort to do, and it makes little sense to do it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » October 30th, 2018, 9:01 pm

So coincidentally I just happened upon a couple of different [uncited] sources that are purporting some potentially interesting changes to Scar, which might be where the new rumors of his "removal" are coming from. (Because any notable change to the characters in this film is being treated as destroying, ruining, or replacing the character altogether. And I thought superhero fanbases could be bad...)

According to this video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010-xSvOCeg which features an unlinked screenshot to text from a "dis insider dot com", which I was unable to find myself -- Scar might actually be
Spoiler: show
a white lion.

Full quote from the screenshot (corrected for spelling typos because I'm pedantic like that):

We have exclusively learned from a source close to the project that the film's villain Scar is expected to have a new look to him.

According to our source, [t]he studio is considering making Scar a rare white lion with a weak/frail look to him, the idea is to give Scar a much different look from the other lions in the film (Simba, Nala, Mufasa, S[a]rabi). This would be drastically different from the dark orange and black we know from the classic animated film.

It should be noted that this is what is being considered and things can easily change in post-production.

This I find genuinely surprising and quite interesting, and despite hyperbolic complaints of them changing the characters too much in every comment section I've seen outside of this forum (y'all are great), I actually really hope they go through with it.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » October 30th, 2018, 9:57 pm

considering the whole Kimba controversy I doubt it’s true. Unless the people working on the movie have no idea about the controversy, which is not only gross negligence on their part but disney as a whole.

If it is true. Hoo boy are we in for one heck of a lot of people claiming tlk copied Kimba again.

not to say that the lion king cant ever use a white lion character, it’s just an exceptionally terrible idea.

they can change Scar, without doing that. Do something bold with the character, not stupid with the character.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby DGFone » October 30th, 2018, 10:14 pm

[quote="Elton John"]considering the whole Kimba controversy I doubt it’s true. Unless the people working on the movie have no idea about the controversy, which is not only gross negligence on their part but disney as a whole.

If it is true. Hoo boy are we in for one heck of a lot of people claiming tlk copied Kimba again.

not to say that the lion king cant ever use a white lion character, it’s just an exceptionally terrible idea.

they can change Scar, without doing that. Do something bold with the character, not stupid with the character.[/quote]

How much do you want to bet that, given with all the attention given to the whole "look at our ethnically black cast" marketing of the movie, that there will be an outcry at making Scar a "white villain"? I would so like them to leave Scar's design alone and not have to listen to PC whining from either side.

Call me jaded, but if they make Scar white, I'm calling it: there will be complaints about it, and for all the wrong reasons.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » October 30th, 2018, 10:19 pm

yeah

that’s another reason why it’s a bad idea.

there’s enough complaining about this remake as is, I don’t want more of it.

another important thing, brought up by Lindsay Ellis in one of her recent videos.

in the recent disney remakes of animated properties disney has gone out of their way to rectify complaints against the originals.

this would go against that.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » October 30th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Oh, there will definitely be complaints, and I'm going to laugh. He's already the only British-sounding lion in the series, then he's one of the few consistently white roles in the Broadway show (whereas most of that show's cast are usually black or other non-black POC; even in the South African casting he's played by a British dude). This wouldn't be too much out of step if you look at it that way, and people still love [to hate] Scar after almost 25 years.

As for the Kimba comparisons, if it's not a legality issue then I figure Disney is just confident enough that they'll at least get the money they want regardless of whether that comes up again. Heck, they're re-releasing the original film on 4K home release in December.

P.S. -- After one more search attempt, I found the source itself that originally published this: https://thedisinsider.com/2018/03/19/ex ... ng-remake/ It's actually from back in March, so presumably they've already made their decision by now and we'll find out soon, provided Scar appears in the trailer.
Panpardus

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)