It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby TheLionPrince » September 23rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

Continuing on where Elton left off, it's been ten weeks since its wide release in North America and it's still within the top ten box office ranking. Even Avengers: Endgame slipped below tenth place after nine weeks at the box office and that was due to competition from other summer films. Very few films have this much staying power at the box office. This movie has some incredible legs indeed.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Stormy » September 25th, 2019, 2:06 am

Do you guys think the movie is gonna have enough time to reach #6 and pass Jurassic World?
Jurassic World: $1,671,713,208
The Lion King: $1,631,314,740

If it does, that'll for sure be it's last passing before it leaves theaters because the next movie is Infinity war and that is at the 2B mark.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » October 6th, 2019, 11:59 pm

wegotthiscovered is reporting that disney is considering a remake sequel

that site is a clickbait sham that completely fabricates a lot of things so it is not to be believed until a far more reputable site reports it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » October 7th, 2019, 12:17 am

Fingers crossed. :unsure:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Stormy » October 7th, 2019, 12:23 am

Looking more into the website, they seem to be right about an Aladdin 2 live action seeing there are many sources about it.. and if it does come from the same source they claim it does... could be possible? (still of course not getting too ahead till more sources.)
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » October 7th, 2019, 12:27 am

The site still completely fabricates a lot of what it posts.

Also, it is ok to double post but you must wait 24 hours after the original post.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » October 7th, 2019, 2:25 pm

I've been reading different sources about Aladdin 2 as well. If that really happens, I do hope Simba's Pride can be in the works too. On social media, I'm seeing requests for both Simba's Pride and The Lion King 1 1/2 live actions. Haha. What made me excited is the 2019 voice cast have expressed their willingness to return, even Beyonce. Donald Glover, Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen too. :joy2: Some fans are already fancasting Kiara, Kovu, Zira, Vitani and Nuka.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » October 7th, 2019, 8:00 pm

If Simba's pride or 1 1/2 does become a reality, I actually wonder if it'll go straight to Disney+ like Lady and the Tramp is doing. There is so many people who don't even know 2 or 1 1/2 even existed.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » October 7th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Something I need to get off my chest.

I have seen many people and critics say that this is a shot by shot remake of the original. I have to wonder what their definition of shot by shot is, because while it shares most of the same plot beats with a few deviations and a few new threads, each scene in the remake is different from the same scene in the original (except for the circle of life intro, but even there were new parts there.) with changes that are subtle and not so subtle.

Aside from the fancy new coat of paint

-There’s a big mix of new and old dialogue.
-Some lyric changes to most songs, most notable in be prepared.
-The characters all behave more like real animals.
-I just can’t wait to be king is definitely different from the original.
-I had a feeling Shenzi was the Hyena Matriarch in the original, this movie pretty much confirms it.
-While I am not the biggest fan of the two new Hyena characters I like them more than Ed. Banzai’s still better than both of them though.
-Simba falling down a cliff and surviving but not going through a bramble patch. I feel a bit mixed on this. He probably would have been killed in the fall in the remake, but young simba likely would have died in that bramble patch in the original too.

And so on and so forth. There are many things I did not list.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » October 8th, 2019, 6:34 pm

JD McCraryjust released a pretty little song that I think should've been in the movie somewhere, although it's got slightly more Lion Guard vibes to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiqPjKLrbI
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)