It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Tsuki » September 28th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Hmmm...not sure how I feel about this tbh. I wasn't a huge fan of the Jungle Book live action and Cinderella was shocking IMO :nukawut:.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 8:34 pm

I want this to be good. I don't know how the final product will turn out, but i'm hoping that it's something that I can watch and want to rewatch many times.

I mean I can understand why some are apprehensive. Hollywood remakes rarely even touch the original. I just hope that this is one of the rare 'good' remakes.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Shadowfax » September 28th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Hmmm... whut? Pretty much sums up my first impression of this.

On the one hand, I wasn't impressed with Cinderella. Pete's dragon looked ATROCIOUS from the trailers I saw and I am 50/50 on the new Beauty and the Beast live action coming out. Having said that! I did really enjoy Maleficent and aside the awful soundtrack, I also liked the Jungle book remake. If I watch this one, I will view it as a stand alone film and not link it to the original (Kind of what I do with the Harry Potter book and films) and not even associate it with the original. I think if you see it as a 'remake' you tend to expect too much and it won't live up to your expectations, whereas if you view it as a stand alone, it might suprise you. If that makes any sense at all xD

I'll give it a watch is the tl;dr here :P
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Petes dragon was great. Much better than what I expected it to be. The best way to describe it is that it was an indie film with a big budget. Makes sense as disney got an indie director for it and gave them plenty of creative freedom.

The teaser trailer for the beauty and the beast remake was great. Probably the second best teaser trailer i've seen.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Sarger » September 28th, 2016, 8:53 pm

This is always the first thing that comes to mind when I see 'Live Action Disney' anymore

...I'm confused as to how this'll even look. Either way, I'm interested to see how it pans out.
Sarger
wew lad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ay lads

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 8:56 pm

If Disney ever does remake bambi they should make it an extended version of that :D
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SilverSimba01 » September 28th, 2016, 8:57 pm

To be honest, I'm never like the whole idea of re-making animated movies into live action, so this one isn't exception for me.
I just feel like nowdays no one wants to take a chance on creating something different rather than trying to re-do something that isn't broken.
Makes me think this isn't going to live up to the animated, feel like the songs and music will be change in order to add something more "modern" to it like in previous occasion, which it would bother me a lot.

But hey, let all remember that its their movie, they pretty much they do whatever they want, although I wish they didn't
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 9:02 pm

If there is new music it will still have the more timeless feel of the originals.

At least that's what I hope.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby moonsugar33 » September 28th, 2016, 11:56 pm

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty neutral about this! Neutral-positive. I guess we'll see, down the line.

Has it been mentioned how long this movie is going to take to make? 2019-2020 release date? *goes off to research and obtain a copy of The Jungle Book*
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2016, 12:03 am

I think 2018 at the earliest. 2019 probably.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)