It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby TheLionPrince » February 5th, 2019, 9:22 pm

[quote="zerodix"]actually its release is in 5 months, june 19th, so merch and more teaser material should come soon![/quote]

You mean, July 19.

[quote="Panpardus"]In my limited experience, IMDb is what middle school teachers always told me Wikipedia was like. I honestly cannot for one second buy that "Be Prepared" would've been cut because of the Nazi imagery, especially since they still air this movie unedited on Freeform and other Disney channels and I've never seen anybody bring it up online as a criticism (expect maybe once to say that it's a little extra and goofy).

And Chiwetel Ejiofor has a decent singing voice; Kinky Boots and that scene from 12 Years a Slave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAZhQQN758g) are enough to convince me that he could at least carry the song well. Not to mention that Jeremy Irons talk-sang/snarled his way through much of his rendition of "Be Prepared" anyway; it's more the attitude than singing ability that makes the song work.

Edit: Speaking of whom, some of my friends back in college just met him today, it seems.[/quote]

Which is why some of the IMDb trivia is not to be trusted for right now.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » February 11th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Not that I need it, but here's to hoping that the kickback Disney's getting from the new Aladdin trailer* scares them into releasing another Lion King one.

*Seriously, have you seen the Genie in that? No doubt he's the main reason why the trailer is currently #2 on YouTube's trending list with a net negative dislike ratio. (Currently 24K likes to 26K dislikes.) The dislikes really shot up too as the trailer got shared and more people saw it; about eight hours ago the ratio was 14K to 9K.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TimeLimitExceeded » February 13th, 2019, 10:50 am

[quote="Panpardus"]Not that I need it, but here's to hoping that the kickback Disney's getting from the new Aladdin trailer* scares them into releasing another Lion King one.

*Seriously, have you seen the Genie in that? No doubt he's the main reason why the trailer is currently #2 on YouTube's trending list with a net negative dislike ratio. (Currently 24K likes to 26K dislikes.) The dislikes really shot up too as the trailer got shared and more people saw it; about eight hours ago the ratio was 14K to 9K.[/quote]

Maybe...... And Valentine's Day should be a good date to release a Lion King trailer

By the way, Frozen 2's trailer has been released now.
TimeLimitExceeded
Max

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live the King

Nickname(s): Max
Pride Points: 1

Postby Panpardus » February 22nd, 2019, 6:38 pm

An interview with the head of Disney's film division, Alan Horn, in which he briefly touches upon his reaction to The Lion King (2019): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... er-1187054 It's not an in-depth interview on the topic (the whole thing is just about Disney's upcoming film projects this year and the Fox merger) and he doesn't really say anything that isn't obvious or hasn't been said before (it looks great, powerfully told story that'll make you cry, etc.), save for the fact that he's seen four different cuts of the movie, which is the only reason I figured I'd bring it up here. If there's four different versions of the film, I'd think that they're evidently they're not doing a 1:1 retelling of the story.

The Lion King relevant portion:
[quote="The Hollywood Reporter"]How many cuts of The Lion King have you seen?
Four. Bring a handkerchief. It's so emotional. But it's a remake of an animated film, so there must be some percentage of the audience who will say, "Well, I saw the first picture." All I can say for sure is you cannot tell these animals aren't real.[/quote]
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » February 25th, 2019, 1:00 pm

new trailer has dropped this morning at the fb page of disney :D
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby TimeLimitExceeded » February 25th, 2019, 2:31 pm

The new poster is amazing
TimeLimitExceeded
Max

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live the King

Nickname(s): Max
Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » March 12th, 2019, 10:49 am

first full aladdin trailer drops today. which likely means a full tlk trailer is a month or two away.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Elton John » March 17th, 2019, 2:16 am

my friend just noticed that julie taymor is co-producer of the remake.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » March 22nd, 2019, 4:09 pm

A new piece on young Nala, Shahadi Wright Joseph (who's also played the stage version of the character): https://www.wmagazine.com/story/shahadi ... -lion-king
Apparently she and JD McCrary actually recorded their lines together (which is the first time in a while that I've heard voice actors doing that) in some sort of sound stage as opposed to a standard voice-over booth. What that means for their performance, I don't know, but I guess it'll help with the chemistry.

[quote="Elton John"]my friend just noticed that julie taymor is co-producer of the remake.[/quote]
Wonder if that'll have any effect on the story.
Panpardus

Postby TomCat » March 31st, 2019, 11:51 pm

The official poster is here:

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)